The Stonington Free Library seeks an enthusiastic and tech-savvy team player with excellent customer service skills and a commitment to the importance of the library in the community. This is a part time Saturday rotation position 7 hours per month. Work schedule is two Saturdays per month 9:30 to 1:00 with the potential of Saturday hours increasing to 9:30-3:00 in the near future. Hourly rate is $14.00. Benefits include sick, holiday and vacation days.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Delivery of excellent customer service to all ages
• Assist patrons in person, by email and over the phone
• Provide curbside pickup
• Introduce patrons to all library services, collections and technology
• Provide reference services and reader’s advisory
• Issue library cards
• Check materials in and out
• Help manage holds, overdue items and interlibrary loan requests and returns
• Provide copying, printing, faxing and other technology assistance
Successful candidate must be a team player with strong technology skills, positive attitude, enjoys working with the public, self-motivated, reliable, flexible and able to multi-task. High school diploma and technology skills required. Prior library experience, college degree and familiarity with library technology are a plus.
Send cover letter, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com by December 4, 2020.