We are looking for a high performing, innovative and team focused individual who exemplifies excellent customer service to be our full-time Public Services Supervisor. You will be responsible for leading a passionate team of library staff and planning and implementing reference and technology services for the public.
Why Broomfield Library?
We are a community connector. We have a strong sense of pride and identity and work extensively to bring the highest quality programs and services to those we serve. Guided by vision to inspire, empower and connect all who engage with us, we seek innovative solutions to community concerns and aspirations.
Are you a good fit?
- Skill in providing excellent customer service in alignment with the organizational expectations and ability to train a customer-focused team.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of modern library systems, methods, equipment, materials, programs and automation.
- Considerable knowledge of reader interest and ability levels.
- Working knowledge of equipment and facilities required in a comprehensive library system.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of office management, work organization and supervision.
- Considerable knowledge of technology and research and the ability to teach others. Working knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Skill in understanding and responding to customer needs and concerns.
- Ability to exercise considerable initiative and sound judgment; handle and maintain confidential information.
- Manage, organize, assist with directing and coordinating the assigned area of responsibility including the direct supervision of professional, administrative, technical, clerical staff and volunteers.
Additional Info & Requirements
Training- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in library science or records/information management or closely related field.
Experience- At least three years of increasingly responsible leadership experience in assigned area in library work. This experience must also include supervisory or lead work, which demonstrates the ability to perform the Essential Required Tasks. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides evidence that the applicant possesses the Necessary Applicant Traits.
Preferred - Bilingual Spanish
Broomfield, Colorado is a rapidly growing community located between Denver and Boulder. Currently home to 70,000 people, it is becoming a hub for technology and healthcare. Broomfield is located within an hour’s drive of the mountains and has a relatively mild climate. Miles of trails and open space and varied cultural opportunities enhance the quality of life. The library is an active participant in the community and enjoys excellent support from residents and the city and county.
City and County of Broomfield HR department 303.438.6320