We're looking for a creative, collaborative and skilled graphic design specialist! Your ability to design and produce promotional materials, publications and signage according to our brand guidelines will support the Library's mission. Your skills in producing web graphics, social media graphics and video will help the Library reach the communities we serve. If you're ready to contribute to the Library's success, then this job might be right for you!
- Design and produce materials, such as logos, brochures, magazines, maps, posters, signs, video, slide shows, presentations and digital media according to creative needs of the Library. Give input on determining cost-efficient production.
- Develop design work that aligns with our brand and signage standards. Determine the appropriate image for the County that is professional and politically correct.
- Establish and maintain art, video and photo files. Maintain inventory of graphics supplies.
- Edit photo and video for use in a variety of publications and materials.
- Use print shop production equipment and supplies to create Library collateral and signage.
- Visit Library locations to assess, correct and provide signage solutions according to the needs of the location.
- Attend meetings and committees to provide design expertise and advice.
- Prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite design applications preferred.
Degree or Specialized Training in Graphic Design preferred.
Online or PDF portfolio required. There are sections to attach documents or provide links on your application.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Human Resources / Job Listings