Duluth Public Library is hiring a Librarian II for Technical Services. This person is a key team member. Responsibilities include administering our Integrated Library System (Polaris), monitoring and coordinating workflows in Tech Services, cataloging and working the Reference Desk when needed, acting as liaison with IT on all things related to the ILS, and helping the library's Leadership Team make crucial strategic decisions about the ILS and the many services impacted by it.
From the General Job Description:
1. Serve the public directly by staffing public service sites.
2. Serve as a resource person to other staff at public service sites.
3. Provide information to the public using a variety of sources, formats, technologies, and equipment.
4. Represent the division and library to the community, other library divisions, and City departments.
5. Investigate and resolve complaints and problems.
6. Maintain professional growth and development through a variety of activities, which may include continuing education courses, seminars, conferences, and participation in professional organizations.
7. Develop and manage library services, events, and collections.
8. Analyze customer and community needs and interests, including analysis of collection/customer usage data and collaboration with other library staff, community organizations, or governmental agencies; and make recommendations for development of library services, events, and collections based on findings.
9. Select materials, technology, and services within budget and participate in the evaluation of collection policies.
10. Perform professional tasks related to the functions and operations of the integrated library system.
11. Use strong visionary skills to further library service goals.
12. Participate in the selection of library staff.
13. Train, evaluate, and provide coaching and feedback to library staff.
14. Schedule and coordinate work activities of library staff.
15. Lead project teams.
16. Use diplomacy and tact to establish and maintain positive relationships within the library and with outside organizations.
17. Assist in division management functions as assigned.
18. Participate in or lead committees and task forces.
19. Monitor work area's division effectiveness and recommend changes.
20. Maintain records and prepare reports.
21. Serve as the senior staff person within the division in the absence of a Supervisor, Librarian III, or Manager.
Additional Info & Requirements
Position Number L2113
Love the outdoors and four seasons? Duluth, MN has been named Best Town in America by Outside Magazine, identified as a top trail running location by Trail Running Magazine and received a rave review of its winter fat tire biking on Fat-Bike.com.
Duluth is on the north shore of Lake Superior and home to three college campuses. It has 86,000 year-round residents and attracts 6.7 million tourists/year. It has close proximity to 11,000 acres of green space with maintained trails of all types. It is both urban and rural with a diverse population of residents. You can find more facts about Duluth here: https://www.visitduluth.com/media/quick-facts-local-contacts/duluth-facts/
Human Resources / Job Listings
411 West First Street
Duluth, MN 55802