The Town of Burrillville, a community of 15,955 located in northwest Rhode Island, is seeking applicants for the position of Library Assistant III. The opening is at the Jesse M. Smith Memorial Library, a 24,900 square foot facility, located in the village of Harrisville.
This position reports to the Head of Circulation, and provides direct circulation services to patrons and processes materials for the library collection.
This is a full time position (35 hours per week) with some nights and weekends required.
Salary Range: $17 - $19 (depending on qualifications) plus excellent benefits.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to work independently.
- Exemplary customer service skills. Comfortable working with the public in busy situations.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prior circulation experience.
- Excellent computer skills required. Experience with Integrated Library Systems (ILS) preferably Sierra.
- Materials cataloging, processing and repair/preservation experience required.
Please submit a completed Town of Burrillville application for employment, cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to:
Gail Labossiere, Executive Assistant
Town Manager’s Office
105 Harrisville Main St.
Harrisville, RI 02830
T: 401-568-4300, x145
Additional Info & Requirements
Review of applicants will begin on March 12, 2021 and the position will remain open until filled.
Minority and Affirmative Action candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Town of Burrillville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Town employment applications can be found at http://www.burrillville.org.