Summary of Position: This position exists to manage collection development, cataloging, integrated library system, and interlibrary loan.
Collection Development & Management: Collaborates with faculty and instructors to ensure that the library’s collections are in alignment with the curriculum. Works closely with the Electronic Resources librarian to meet curriculum needs. Evaluates the collection and prioritizes purchases using an equity lens. Uses selection and acquisitions services provided by library vendors to streamline the process of ordering and acquiring library materials. Creates periodic physical and virtual displays to promote collections. Manages interlibrary loan via Prospector.
Cataloging & Systems: Performs cataloging and classification, maintaining knowledge of current principles and best practices and ensuring that catalog records accurately reflect holdings. Supervises the physical processing of materials. Works with other departments to facilitate equipment checkout. Manages settings, loan rules, user profiles, and data within the Integrated Library System.
Public Services: Provides reference services in-person and virtually to the campus community. Creates and maintains user-centered web content related to major job duties for the library’s online presence. Provides Access Desk coverage when necessary.
Service to Team & College: Participates in the planning and development of library operations and coordination of services. Collects, analyzes, and synthesizes data and statistics in major job duty areas to set and measure personal and team goals. Represents the library at campus events and by serving on committees and in other official groups.
Additional Info & Requirements
• Master of Library Science/Library & Information Science.
• Experience cataloging in an academic library environment.
• Experience with collection evaluation and development.
• Experience with managing an ILS.
• Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of students and staff from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the College.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Familiarity with modern cataloging standards.
• Experience with or coursework in collection evaluation and development.
• Experience or coursework in promoting collections to patrons.
• Verbal and written communication skills including the ability to give and receive information accurately and present information to groups and in public setting
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time Collections Librarian to join our Instructional Services team. Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness and welcome you to visit the RRCC Inclusion & Diversity webpage for additional information. With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.