Red Rocks Community College is seeking a part-time Library OER Assistant! The Library OER Assistant will advance the sustainability of OER culture at RRCC by developing best practices, planning outreach, building assessment and providing direct support for faculty and staff. This is a grant funded position for 16 hours/week, for 45 weeks. Occasionally, on-campus hours will be required, but much of the work can be done remotely.
- Document best practices and collect resources for OER using LibGuides software
- Work with faculty and staff to collect data related to OER projects and develop metrics and evaluation tools for assessing the effectiveness of OER adoption.
- Directly support faculty who are adopting OER resources by researching available OER materials and providing guidance on implementation.
- Promote OER courses, using various institutional channels.
- Review degree pathways and course offerings to determine gaps in ZTC-degrees
- Configure the existing DSpace server as a repository for OER materials produced at RRCC
Additional Info & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program (Library Science or Education preferred)
- Coursework or professional experience in Open Educational Resources
- Coursework or professional experience in developing procedures and guidelines
- Coursework or professional experience in assessment
- Coursework or professional experience with copyright and creative commons licensing
- Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of students and staff from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the College.
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness and welcome you to visit the RRCC Inclusion & Diversity webpage for additional information. With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.