The Youth Services Librarian is responsible for all aspects of services for children, their caregivers, tweens and teens:
- Plans, organizes, and publicizes children and young adult programs, including but not limited to story times, reading challenges, Summer Reading Programs, special events, school and community outreach.
- Plans, organizes, and maintains the library’s children and YA collections with guidance from the director. Knowledge of DDC classification a plus.
- Must be technologically savvy/comfortable with a knowledge of social media, especially FB, Zoom, & Microsoft Teams. If not familiar with any of these, must be receptive to learning new things. Familiarity with Canva & Beanstack is a plus!
- Compiles, reviews, and interprets statistical data regarding use of youth services, primarily the Summer Reading Program whose stats are part of the Annual Survey which is compiled by the director.
- Attends professional meetings, conferences, and training/continuing education as it applies to this position.
- Must adopt a teamwork mindset as we will be working as a team.
Additional Info & Requirements
Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program required or near completion of said master’s degree. Will consider second-year graduate students.
Experience working with children and teens highly preferred.
Small rural community in NW RI.
Gretchen Hanley, Library Director. Call library @ 401-568-6226 or my cell @401-369-4571. Email: email@example.com