Adams Public Library is seeking a committed and engaged Assistant Director/Youth Services Librarian serving a diverse community. This is a 40 hour/week position (some evenings and Saturdays) with vacation and partially employer paid health insurance. Salary range $40,000-$45,000.
- Plan all services, programs, and outreach for youth 0-18 in Central Falls.
- Includes Summer Reading, collection development, storytime, after school programs, reference services, etc.
- Covers other departments as needed.
- Some bookkeeping and administrative tasks.
- In the absence of the director, to be prepared to step into that role.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- At least one year of experience working with children and/or teens.
- At least one year of experience working in a public library
- Fluency in Spanish
- Some supervisory experience
Nestled between the City of Pawtucket and the Towns of Cumberland and Lincoln, the City of Central Falls is also compact. In fact, its 19,000+ citizens inhabit less than 1.3 square miles, making it quite walk-able. The city’s diverse population offers an abundance of cultural riches – culinary, artistic, linguistic and beyond.
To apply for a job, please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com