The Director of Library Services is responsible for managing library services, ensuring that Central Wyoming College students and community members have access to quality resources, technology, and instruction in an academic commons learning environment.
Position Specifications: Education: Master's degree in Library Science or related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Experience: Three years of directly-related experience in library management or leadership. Experience in a community college or higher education setting and experience working with distance learners preferred.
Equivalency Statement: Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge and understanding of LC classification and cataloging.
2. Knowledge and understanding of government document classification and regulations.
3. Knowledge and understanding of reference tools and methods.
4. Ability to perform and to assist others in performing research.
5. Knowledge of and skill in use of computers and software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and library databases.
6. Ability to relate with a diverse population in a professional, helpful manner.
7. Ability to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations.
8. Ability to work independently while supporting a team effort.
9. Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects concurrently through to completion with an attention to detail, and to meet deadlines.
10. Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems.
11. Ability to supervise and manage the work of others in an effective and efficient manner.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
13. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
14. Ability to manage change and perform well under stress.
15. Possesses strong, effective interpersonal skills.
16. Possess strong organizational skills.
17. Highly energetic and motivated with strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity.
18. Knowledge of CWC policies, procedures and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee library and IT HelpDesk operations, including planning, budgeting, supervising staff, maintaining web site etc.
2. Manage and develop collections, including purchase and subscription of materials/ databases, selection of Government documents, maintaining currency and intellectual balance, overseeing donation acceptance practices, managing archives, establishing guidelines for purging, cataloging, etc.
3. Ensure maintenance of depository status with federal and regional agencies.
4. Develop, monitor, and manage within department budgets.
5. Support faculty and staff in meeting needs of training on library use.
6. Teach or instruct on library services and use as required.
7. Supervise department staff (students and employees), including recruitment, training, scheduling, and performance management.
8. Represent and advocate for the college to the community and on statewide library consortia.
9. Communicate library offerings and receive feedback, effecting necessary changes.
10. Perform other reasonably related duties as directed or assigned.
Work Environment: Work is generally performed in an office or classroom setting under very limited supervision. Some travel and evening/weekend work is required.
Compensation: Professional Staff; Grade 7; Exempt; Full-time; 12 months per year.
Compensation ranges from $51,037 to 57,416 annually and includes a generous benefits package.
Position is open until filled with application review to begin May 4th.
Reportability: Chief Information Officer
Riverton is a town of 10,000 located within 150 miles of Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks.
Central Wyoming College
2660 Peck Avenue
Riverton, WY 82501
Fax: (307) 855-2095
For questions please contact HR at 307-855-2112