Direct and advise print-disabled patrons in their selection of recreational and informational reading materials by answering incoming phone calls and emails from patrons statewide and advising and disseminating general information to patrons.
Assist on-site patrons with needs for new equipment, books, library registration, and general information. Resolve problems with applications; process transfer patrons; order inter-library loans; and assist with patron issues that might arise.
Provide technical support for patron’s use of digital download of audio books and the web OPAC.
Catalog locally recorded books, assist the Library Technician who catalogs large print books, and do authority work on series information in catalog records.
Other duties as assigned
That All May Read - The Colorado Talking Book Library provides free library service to over 7,000 Coloradans of all ages who are unable to read standard print material due to visual, physical or learning disabilities whether permanent or temporary. CTBL provides audio, Braille and large-print books and magazines. We have a large volunteer program and Friends group that support the library in serving our patrons. This position works closely with two other reader advisers and all positions are considered para-professionals.
Spanish is Not Required
• Minimum one (1) year experience cataloging books and working with series.
• Minimum one (1) year experience in customer service.
• Minimum one (1) year experience phone duty.
• Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to work with diverse personalities.
• Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience working with spreadsheets and databases.
• Ability to pass a background check.
• Experience working with an integrated library system.
Please email a completed Colorado Department of Education Employment Application, letter of interest, and resume to email@example.com
To obtain a Colorado Department of Education Employment Application, visit our website at http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdemgmt/HR/jobs.htm
All materials submitted should be current and specifically address the qualifications for this position. Hard copies of application materials and application materials sent via mail or fax will not be accepted.
Wendi Kispert - firstname.lastname@example.org
• All offers of employment are conditional to a successful background and references check.
• Please be advised that the CDE may choose to contact work references other than those listed on your application.
• Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, this is an exempt position which may require work outside of normal office hours.
• Selected applicant is an employee at will.
• Direct deposit of paychecks is required.
• Smoking is not allowed in the State Office Building and is allowed only in designated areas outside the State Office Building.
• Selected applicant must comply with the Colorado State Board of Education’s Drug-Free Workplace policy.
• As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States.