The Library Technician – Patron and ILL Services will actively participate as a member of RMC Health’s dynamic Professional Development Services team and will assume a central role in maintaining the daily operations of The Resource Center. The Library Technician -- Patron and ILL Services will act as the lead for circulation, patron services, and ILL. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to RMC Health Vice President of Professional Development Services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and maintain an orderly and inviting environment for The Resource Center.
• Assist clients in finding, accessing and using library resources.
• Handle phone and email customer service transactions.
• Assist clients with computer transactions and connect them to further support from the librarian, RMC Health staff, or external technical assistance providers.
• Manage all circulation duties efficiently and effectively, which includes maintaining all patron and circulation forms, borrower cards, patron fines, holds, and packaging and sending materials to statewide clients via UPS or the Colorado Library Courier.
• Provide training or updates to staff on changes to circulation processes or functions of the Koha-based integrated system including check-in, check-out, placing holds and trace functions, collecting fines, searching patron database, patron registration, and issuing borrower cards.
• Prepare circulation and client statistics to be used in monthly reports to funders.
• Manage interlibrary lending and borrowing processing on SWIFT, DOCLINE, and other sources.
• Process hold and transit requests to libraries in the AspenCat Consortium.
• Provide document delivery services of online articles to RMC Health staff.
Acquisitions and Purchasing
• Assist librarian in selection of resources based on patron requests.
• Manage purchasing/tracking of library collections (books, curriculum, videos, and visual aids), and office supplies and marketing materials.
Website Content Moderation
• Manage moderation of internally and publicly contributed content to trc.rmc.org.
• Add links and events to trc.rmc.org as identified by librarian and RMC Health staff.
• Contribute to RMC Health social media efforts (includes blogging, Facebook, Twitter).
Marketing and Outreach
• Assist librarian in preparation of topical resource sheets for exhibits, research summits, conferences and other events.
• Prepare exhibit kits for clients to use in promoting health information as well as The Resource Center’s collections and services.
• Represent The Resource Center at trainings or events by means of exhibits or presentations.
• Other duties as required, supporting RMC Health effectiveness and efficiency.
RMC Health is a private, nonprofit corporation whose mission is to strengthen the effectiveness of those working to improve the health and well being of children and youth. The Health and Learning Resource Center at RMC Health (The Resource Center) serves Colorado’s behavioral, school, and public health professionals by providing free access to current, high quality, and research-based information.
Significant work experience in library settings may substitute for the degree.
2 years of professional experience required
2 years of library experience required
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in education, health, social service or related field is preferred. Significant work experience may substitute for the degree.
• Minimum 2 years of library experience including circulation and patron services, and at least six months of Interlibrary Loan or related experience.
• Exceptional public service skills and ethic, and an understanding of general library operations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team environment.
• Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision and manage multiple tasks/assignments.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience with integrated library systems required, Koha is preferred.
• Strongly preferred experiences include blogging and social media, Google applications, SWIFT, DOCLINE, and moderating content on Drupal and Wordpress platforms.
• Ability to occasionally lift boxes/library materials of up to 30 pounds.
Electronic submissions only:
• Email your application to email@example.com, with “Library Tech Position” in the subject line. Add the following attachments to your email:
o Cover letter that describes how your experience qualifies you for this position; and
o Current resume
Note: References are not required at initial application phase but will be required of finalists.
• To receive full consideration, submit your application by 3:00pm (MST) on October 31, 2012.
No phone calls, please.
Salary and Benefits • Salary is commensurate with qualifications; anticipated range is $40,000 to $46,000 annually. • RMC Health benefits package includes health, dental, life, and disability insurance; a retirement plan; and a generous vacation and sick leave allowance. • Flexible, fun work environment. RMC Health has been awarded the Well Workplace for Small Businesses designation by the Wellness Councils of America and has been recognized by the Denver Business Journal as one of Denver’s Healthiest Employers. The start date is negotiable; the position is available immediately. For more information about RMC Health, visit www.rmc.org. RMC Health is an AA/EOE Employer.
RMC Health website: http://www.rmc.org/
The Health and Learning Resource Center at RMC Health: http://trc.rmc.org/