Manager, Information Technology
The Manager, Information Technology Primary duties include design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all computer hardware, software, servers, networks, Internet, and security.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of community residents? Are you ready to work collaboratively with a dynamic staff? If you answered yes, the Sweetwater County Library System headquartered in Green River, Wyoming, is currently recruiting candidates for the position of Manager, Information Technology.
Located in beautiful southwest Wyoming, Rock Springs is the largest city in Sweetwater County while the second largest, Green River, is the county seat. Sweetwater County is home to 10,500 square miles of high desert adventure and offers excellent recreation opportunities, affordable housing and a variety of cultural activities to choose from.
The Sweetwater County Library System has nine branch libraries and serves a diverse population of 43,806 in the southwest corner of the state.
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field and at least two (2) years experience managing server-based applications.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Strong customer-service orientation and excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated experience with Linux and Windows server administration and management of server-based applications including the use of Windows Server 2008 with Active Directory, MySQL Server, IIS Server and/or Apache.
• Demonstrated experience with general SIP Phone Systems. Knowledge of Asterisk PBX phone system is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to manage enterprise-wide server-based applications and other specialty applications.
• Demonstrated experience installing and troubleshooting client workstations which interact with server based applications.
• Demonstrated experience working with Computer Hardware (internal components)
• Ability to work independently with flexibility, initiative, and creativity.
• Demonstrated analytical, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of disaster Recovery planning, implementation, and best practices.
• Ability to be on call for system emergencies and to work on occasional evenings or weekends for system upgrades or fixes.
• Demonstrated skills with Internet and networking protocols and standards. Extensive networking knowledge (VLANs, WAN networks, fiber optics, routing, firewalls, 802.11bgn, PoE)
• Ability to oversee transition of systems from Library Data Center to Central University Data Center.
• Ability to provide technical assistance to library staff with a strong customer-service orientation.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Experience working in library environment with Librarians and other Library professionals.
• Familiarity with library operations, systems and automation.
• Experience with web-based systems and technical writing and documentation experience.
• Knowledge of storage networking concepts and network-attached storage devices
• Experience providing training to persons at varying technical levels.
• Adept with relational database management systems (such as MySQL, or Microsoft SQL.)
• Ability to program in PHP, RealBASIC or VisualBASIC
Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume and library employment application by July 15, 2012 to the Library System Director, Sweetwater County Library System, 300 North 1st East, Green River, Wyoming 82935. Review of applications will begin on July 16th and will continue until the position is filled.
For a full job description and library employment application, please email Scott Kinney (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or visit the Library System’s website at http://www.sweetwaterlibraries.com/jobs/.