Johnson & Wales University is seeking a qualified Instructional Technologist at its Denver, Colorado campus. This position will work collaboratively with faculty and staff on the appropriate and effective integration of instructional technology into teaching and learning. The position supports the implementation and integration of instructional technologies in online, hybrid, and traditional classes. Responsibilities include conducting training workshops, developing user documentation, and supporting faculty in their use of technology and media.
The university is a private, non-profit accredited institution offering graduate and undergraduate degree programs to over 17,000 students at four campuses. Johnson & Wales offers over 50 programs in business, hospitality, technology, and culinary arts.
• Experience working with course management systems, technology workshop development, integrating technology into teaching in an educational experience, or other related experience.
• Experience working in higher education
• Experience using Blackboard Learn 9.0 or higher
• Knowledge of instructional design theory, principles, and practices
• Experience using multimedia applications (including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Flash, Camtasia, SnagIt)
• Experience assisting individuals in the planning and production of graphics, animation, audio, and video materials
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms
• Ability to effectively communicate technical information to users with a variety of technical backgrounds
• Experience with web conferencing
• Experience with student response systems
• Knowledge of copyright law, including Fair Use and the TEACH Act
• Knowledge of PCs and Macs
• Ability to travel occasionally to other JWU campuses.
Please visit http://work.jwu.edu to learn more and to apply online to requisition #2382. An application and cover letter must be submitted electronically at http://work.jwu.edu to be considered for this position. Johnson & Wales University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mgr. of Instructional Technology, Online Learning
Johnson & Wales University: http://www.jwu.edu
Johnson & Wales University HR & Payroll: http://work.jwu.edu