Provide excellent customer service by being an enthusiastic, approachable presence at the Library. As part of the Technical Services team this position performs a variety of activities including copy-cataloging, processing books and non-media, acquisitioning materials, varied clerical work, purchasing and receiving materials, working with volunteers. Working on special projects as needed. A portion of the time worked is dedicated to providing service to the public at one of our customer service points. This includes promoting books and reading to library customers of all ages; supporting library services; possibly including assisting in programming and outreach which promotes literacy and supports life long learning; assisting in the growth and maintenance of our excellent collection of books, e-resources, and audiovisual materials
Employees are expected to perform with minimal supervision after procedures, policies and techniques are learned.
Lafayette's panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains inspires our view into the future. We value our heritage, our unique neighborhoods, a vibrant economy, and active lifestyles. We envision a future that mixes small town livability with balanced growth and superior City services.
• Perform copy cataloging and data entry related tasks, modify MARC records and update item records while adhering to strict standards and expectations.
• Prepare books and non-media for library collection (stamping, placing labels, covering or packaging materials, etc.).
• Process and receive materials, prepare data for invoice payments and billing,
• Check materials for accuracy and completeness.
• Provide excellent customer service including greeting customers, and answering questions
• Support the daily transactions of the library
• Support, participate in and promote library programs and initiatives
Apply on-line at our website www.cityoflafayette.com/jobs
Complete City of Lafayette application prior to application deadline
We seek a person who is flexible, forward thinking and maintains a positive attitude.
City of Lafayette home page: http://www.cityoflafayette.com
City of Lafayette jobs page: http://www.cityoflafayette.com/jobs