Are you energized by helping students, designing tutorials, providing instruction, and having a variety of things to do and manage? Do you work well on your own as well as with others? Excitement and adventure await you as you join the CCU Library team. Our team of five plus student staff serves approximately 1,000 traditional undergraduates and 4,000 adult and distance learners in a dynamic and growing academic library. The library offers a creative and friendly environment that focuses on student and faculty support. We are a flexible team that embraces new technology and user demands to provide excellent library service.
The ideal candidate:
● Has strong collaboration skills and commitment to teamwork
● Is flexible and adaptable
● Is self motivated and self directed
● Balances creativity and practicality
● Takes initiative and follows through on projects
● Is a confident instructor in a classroom setting
● Will build and maintain effective relationships with faculty and students
● Will increase the visibility of the library and library resources
This librarian takes a leading role in providing reference, instruction, and outreach to CCU students, creating realtime and asynchronous learning opportunities in both face to face and virtual settings. The librarian will use LibGuides, Adobe Connect, Captivate, IM and SMS reference, and other tools to reach students on and off campus. Other areas of responsibility will include collection development, maintaining faculty liaison relationships, being responsible for several LibGuides, and serving on faculty and consortia committees.
This 12-month position offers faculty rank and status with staff benefits and vacation. CCU does not offer tenure. This position will require evening and occasional weekend hours.
Colorado Christian University is a growing institution that is building a new campus in Lakewood and the library team is excited to move the library forward as well.
Please see: https://www.ccu.edu/about/
Academic library experience (could include paraprofessional, internship, practicum, etc)
Self motivated and self directed, flexible, and willing to work in a changing environment.
Effective written and oral communication and strong interpersonal skills.
Willingness to tackle tasks that may be above or below your pay grade.
Familiarity with professional issues, trends, and technology in academic librarianship.
1. One or more years library experience preferably in an academic library.
2. Experience with bibliographic instruction or presenting to a group.
3. Experience with reference both in person and online.
4. Experience with the Millennium ILS.
5. Familiarity with creating subject guides using LibGuides or a similar product.
6. Familiarity with course management software.
7. Familiarity with Camtasia or Captivate
8. Familiarity with creating subject guides using LibGuides or a similar product.