Requisition Number: 13-0509-A
Salary Range: $10.36 to $13.27 per hour
Opening Date: Thursday, May 9, 2013
Closing Deadline: Tuesday, May 28, 2012, at 8:30 a.m.
About the Position
The Library Shelver position is responsible for routine library work, concerning primarily the sorting, shelving of library materials, and performing other tasks to keep the collections in order.
Hours for this position are Thursday, 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.; Friday, 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.; and Sunday, 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
A City of Westminster online employment application is required for this position and is due by the closing date. Apply online by 8:30 a.m., on the closing date.
Westminster (Population: 108,710) is a city located in both Adams County and Jefferson County, Colorado, and is a suburb of the City of Denver. In July, 2006, it was ranked as the #24 best place to live in the USA (CNN Money). Great schools, low crime, good jobs in a high-tech economy and a fantastic outdoor life make Westminster No. 25. Situated 5,000 feet above sea level in the Rocky Mountains, the city offers restaurants, night life and culture, plus natural attractions like nearby Standley Lake, which provides the City with both water and recreation. The interconnected trail system winding through the City's open space is a special point of pride. Westminster features more than 63 miles of off-road trails, making it a leader in offering easy access to some of the richest recreational opportunities in the Denver metro area.
• Graduation from high school or GED, or currently enrolled in high school working towards a high school diploma or GED
• Demonstrated ability to perform essential job functions
• Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age
• General knowledge of arithmetic, numbers, and the alphabet
• General knowledge of standard office and clerical practices
• Working knowledge of policies, procedures, and terminology used within the library
• Working knowledge of classification systems used by the library
A City online application is required for all positions and is due by 8:30 a.m. on the closing date. Applications are available online at www.cityofwestminster.us/jobs
Human Resources: 303-658-2150
Citiy of Westminster's Job Website: http://www.cityofwestminster.us/jobs