To provide library instruction, services, and maintain a collection of library resources for the instructional programs for the university students, faculty and staff.
* Act as a liaison between the System Library Office and the branch faculty, students and administrators.
* Oversee all activities in the library.
* Develop policies and procedures to improve operations of the library.
* Promotes student success through information literacy skills instruction and APA support.
*Provide instruction in the access, use, and evaluation of library resources for individuals and groups.
* Plan, organize coordinate and measure work and activities of the library.
* Provides targeted support of writing-intensive classes including, but not limited to, classroom presentations, faculty in-services, applicable APA formatting support, library-related tutorial assistance and other related support.
* Promotes and provides communication and advocacy of library services via appropriate campus tools (i.e.: campus orientations, quarterly faculty meetings, honors nights, e-mail, Facebook, campus newsletters, posters, etc).
* Recommend and select resources that will improve the collection and function of the library.
*Obtain and maintain networking resources for the library.
* Monitor operating budget for the library.
National American University is a regionally accredited, multi-campus institution of higher learning offering associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degree programs in technical and professional fields. In 1941, NAU opened its first campus in Rapid City, South Dakota, and has since grown to multiple locations throughout the central United States, near major cities like Minneapolis, Denver, Dallas, Austin, and Kansas City. Today, NAU offers traditional degree programs, online college degrees, and hybrid formats, which provide students the increased flexibility to take courses at times and places convenient to their busy lifestyles.
Degree from an ALA accredited school.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail, strong computer skills; good organization and planning; good follow-up required.
Application needs to be submitted along with a resume.
Pat Hamilton, System Librarian, 605-721-5296, email@example.com.
This full time position will split time primarily between the Denver & Colorado Springs campuses. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required. There is an annual $5,000 travel stipend for travel between the campuses.