The Collection Management Librarian manages academic library collections, monitors academic programs, and works with faculty to match resources with course assignments, adding library resources as needed. Our library team of four librarians and one staff member serves approximately 1,300 traditional undergraduates and 5,000 adult and distance learners in a dynamic and growing academic library.
The library offers a creative and friendly environment that focuses on student and faculty support. We are a flexible team that embraces new technology and user demands to provide excellent library service. This 12-month position offers faculty rank and status, professional development funds, staff benefits, and vacation. This position will require an evening and a Saturday work rotation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead collection management for the CCU Library.
- Develop and maintain faculty liaison relationships.
- Monitor the CCU curriculum as it changes to match curriculum needs with resources in all formats.
- Manage electronic resources.
- Serve on faculty and consortia committees.
- Contribute to the day-to-day operation of a small library in all aspects including, but not limited to, circulation, reference, instruction, staff supervision, website updates, training, tech support, and event planning.
- Work collaboratively with University Faculty and the library’s management team to develop strategic concepts, practices, techniques, and innovations to continually improve the quality of the library’s services and collections.
- Order and receive all materials. Responsible for print journal and electronic resources management.
- Engage as a team member to assist with duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
- Library experience in collection management and/or electronic resources management, which could include paraprofessional experience, an internship, a practicum, etc.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, competent, flexible, and willing to work in a changing environment.
- Effective written and oral communication with strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with professional issues, trends, and technology in collection development and Electronic Resources Management (ERM) librarianship.
- This position will require an evening and a Saturday work rotation.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee will be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends including an evening shift and Saturday work rotation.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming "born again" thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU’s Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU is committed to an environment free from discrimination and harassment and calls on every member of the university community to be vigilant in deterring and reporting all violations. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.