SUMMARY: Coordinate and maintain the day-to-day basic technology needs of the library and assist patrons and staff with technical issues; perform circulation services and help users in locating the appropriate resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform maintenance on the libraries electronic resources (laptops, tablets, etc.).
- Troubleshoot various software problems utilizing the appropriate software support personnel.
- Teach a variety of Microsoft Office courses including MS Word, Excel and Access.
- Create PowerPoint presentations and Publisher documents.
- Maintain the library’s presence on our website and social media.
- Develop and conduct computer and social media classes.
- Take photographs and contact news media about library events.
- Ability to research reference questions and serve the informational needs of patrons.
- Assist patrons with all aspects of circulation services.
- Assist with special library projects and public relations activities.
- Uphold the patron’s rights embodied in the First Amendment of the constitution of the United States, the Colorado confidentiality Law and the Bill of Rights.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Requires day, evening and weekend hours. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, use hands, fingers, handle, feet, or operate objects, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Employee must communicate clearly and effectively; must understand and be understood. On rare occasions, the employee may be required to climb and balance. The employee must occasionally carry, pull, push, or lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision acuity and the ability to adjust his or her focus, allowing a broad field of vision. It is essential that the employee be physically able to operate a variety of computer and office equipment successfully in order to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
Other Education Credentials
Education, certifications and Experience:
- Associate Degree or higher preferred
- Two years of basic technology support experience preferred
- Marketing experience preferred
- Two years of library experience preferred
Other Required/Preferred Skills & Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with patrons to understand and fulfill their requests.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Publisher.
- Must be able to teach Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills.
- Possess strong basic library and reference skills.
- Accept and fulfill assigned responsibilities and duties.
- Exhibit enthusiasm and vitality for the assigned position.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patrons, co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to follow library policies and procedures.
- Skilled in basic computer maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work with and troubleshoot problems with library photocopiers and audiovisual equipment.
All applications must be submitted online
HR Contact Information
If you have any questions, please contact HR at (303) 857-6694.
Job Decription and Application: https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/1819808-0/library-technology-marketing-technician
City Website: http://www.fortlupton.org/