Job title: Concierge: part customer service, part technology troubleshooting, part product promotion
Business Unit: Branch Services
Pay range: $13.55 per hour
Job Type: Part-time, non-exempt
You’re the essence of the customer’s experience at the library. You greet people with a smile and welcome them into our library. You enrich people’s lives through meaningful dialogue about our products and services. You earn trust by being knowledgeable about our products and making recommendations that connect with the customer. You help our library customers find the fuel and the spark to unlimited ideas and opportunities.
Ready to join in a bold opportunity to help us take community library services to an entirely new dynamic realm?
Who you are:
- You are warm and friendly, and you just like helping people.
- You’re outgoing – you love letting people know what’s new and happening.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You’re a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
A position you’ll love:
- You warmly welcome customers into our library and ensure a great experience and a fond farewell.
- Out on the floor and in the stacks, you provide an amazing library experience to each and every customer by helping them find the book they want or assisting them with self-checkout services.
- You take pride in our library, ensuring it is clean and tidy and the displays are refreshed and looking beautiful.
- You are an explorer of great conversations, talking to our library customers about the promotions, programs and services available at the library.
- You love meeting and inspiring new people. You enjoy talking about and offering meaningful recommendations of the latest books, movies and music.
- You orchestrate the opening and closing of the library; when we open our doors, the branch is clean and tidy and we are ready for the day’s adventure.
- You look after our experience zones, ensuring they are stocked, clean and tidy and ready to provide a positive and memorable experience for our customers. This may include coordination of any video feed display, special feature maintenance, floral service or any other interactive components to the zone.
- You are a wizard at making our library customers feel welcome; you register them for a library card, help them with a fee, request a book through RLD or ILL, assist them in our copy center, or walk them through their basic computer needs.
- You are comfortable with computers; you can help our library customers with their basic computer needs, including e-mail, answering Microsoft product questions, and navigating the Internet.
- You are the knowledgeable trainer on our copy center and technology throughout the library.
- You are a genius at understanding the needs of the library customers and connecting them to the right person at the right time.
- You’re a pro when it comes to cash management – counting cash and reconciling cash balances comes naturally to you.
- You are there to lend a hand if needed for programs and promotions.
- You have great ideas to share on district committees.
- You are a lifelong learner, enjoying your journey of professional development.
- You are the person the library customer recognizes and seeks out to say hello. You are the go-to person to help them over the phone, at the drive-up window, or on the floor.
- You answer phones, reserve meeting rooms for patrons, and identify collection needs based on customer comments.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Description of Community
We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and each other
Passion for our product
Eagerness to learn
Everyone is creative
Optimistic attitude – we believe that anything is possible
Why Anythink Libraries? A job with Anythink is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in helping our customers have fun, whether they’re sitting by the fireplace with a newspaper, surfing the Internet, gaming in the teen room or learning something new at one of our many intriguing and entertaining programs. As you help and inspire others, you will also be inspired. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.
HR Contact Information
If you are interested in joining our team please visit the Job Center on our website and apply online.
Your job will involve your being “on the move” in our libraries: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Expect evening and weekend shifts as part of your schedule.
REMEMBER TO APPLY BY THE POSTING DEADLINE
Anythink website: http://www.anythinklibraries.org