Lead an innovative and accomplished library Consortium, continuing outstanding levels of service and effective resource sharing. The member libraries, staff, and board of the Marmot Library Network seek a dynamic and innovative Executive Director. Marmot Library Network is a group of diverse libraries that share a common ILS, cutting edge discovery system, digital archive and resource-sharing program.
The Marmot Executive Director leads a staff of 15 who provide ILS support, network services, and maintenance of 1200 computer stations. The R&D team develops implements, maintains, and supports discovery systems for member libraries and associate members.
We seek a proven leader, diplomat, and visionary problem solver who will expand and develop the consortium to its full potential. Members count on excellent customer service, ever more efficient and productive utility in our ILS, and recruitment of new member libraries.
Located on the beautiful Western Slope of Colorado and based Grand Junction, the area offers year-round outdoor activities as well as many cultural events.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and visit https://www.marmot.org to learn more.
MARMOT LIBRARY NETWORK
TITLE: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SUPERVISOR: Executive Board
PURPOSE: The Director is responsible for all administrative aspects of services and operations provided by Marmot Library Network. The Director administers finances and policies in conjunction with the Marmot Executive Board in order to facilitate consortium goals and objectives.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Advanced Degree in Information Technology, Master’s Degree in Library Science, or equivalent degree.
- Five or more years demonstrated leadership experience in a library setting is preferred.
- Solid, hands-on budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
- A basic understanding of software development.
- Five or more year’s knowledge of computing, networking, library automation, telecommunications, and emerging technology trends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MANAGE ALL FINANCIAL MATTERS OF MARMOT:
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Marmot; including preparation of annual budget for Marmot Executive Board approval.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintains the organization in a positive financial position.
- Manages and monitors approved budget.
- Prepares routine statements on financial status, expenditures, and income for Marmot Executive Board.
MANAGE MARMOT STAFF:
- Oversees and directs Marmot employees; administers personnel policies.
- Analyzes staffing needs and makes recommendations to the Marmot Executive Board on establishment of positions, compensation, and policies.
MANAGE OVERALL SERVICES AND OPERATIONS OF MARMOT:
- Negotiates contracts with vendors; monitors contract compliance and service agreements with vendors.
- Represents Marmot Library Network to other organizations and governmental agencies at the local, regional, statewide, and national levels.
- Markets services to potential members and current membership.
- Develops and guides strategic planning process for Marmot’s future.
- Administers all business, financial, and legal obligations necessary to maintain non-profit status.
- Maintains an awareness of emerging technologies related to library services and technology.
REPORTS TO AND WORKS COOPERATIVELY WITH THE MARMOT EXECUTIVE BOARD:
- Prepares Board meeting agendas, reports, and all necessary arrangements for meetings.
- Keeps Board and Council members informed of Marmot organizational activities and status through reports and other communication.
- Provides other administrative support to the Board as requested.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in financial and managerial accounting practices
- Ability to plan effectively, negotiate agreements, administer policies, manage personnel, solve problems, and build consensus
- Ability to conduct public relations and marketing activities
- Ability to work cooperatively with boards, commissions, members, staff, and other organizations
- Ability to represent Marmot effectively in multiple forums
- Ability to organize, lead, and conduct emergency procedures when necessary
- Travel to member sites in all but the most severe weather conditions
- Sit for extended periods while working at a computer
- Speak and hear to communicate with staff, members, and outside contacts
Description of Community
Grand Junction is the largest city on Colorado’s Western Slope (population 146,723). The surrounding area offers an incredible view of red rock canyons and year-round outdoor activities including hiking, biking, rafting and skiing.
Application deadline is March 30, 2018. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Visit https://www.marmot.org to learn more about open positions.
HR Contact Information
Direct questions to Mary Vernon, HR/Business Manager
Marmot Library Network: https://www.marmot.org