Are you a library leader who is passionate about implementing innovative ways of creating, facilitating and enhancing equity of access to library materials, resources, technology and information outside physical library walls? Are you motivated to bring library resources and services to those with limited accessibility? Are you passionate and skilled at working directly with the public and diverse communities to create positive outcomes?
The Library 2 You service serves patrons in Jefferson County by bringing library resources and services outside library walls to those with limited accessibility to branches, either due to geographical distance or disabilities, through the library bookmobile, delivery van, home services and mail services.
The Library To You service is looking for a leader who will model personalized customer service. This position inspires their staff to provide a high level of service to populations who are not able to access physical library services. If you can foster community engagement, lifelong learning, health and well being for Jefferson County Public Library residents, then this full time position may be the job for you!
- Delivers a consistent quality customer service experience both internally and to our Patrons.
- Communicates expectations to the Library staff about Library services and trends in customer service.
- Implements industry best practices for merchandising and promoting Library resources as directed.
Supervising and Training
- Supervises staff in areas of responsibility, including coaching on industry best practices.
- Recommends routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including interviewing applicants, evaluating performance, and taking corrective action.
- Prepares and submits routine reports as necessary for Library management.
- Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Supervise access to resources, including physical and virtual resources of the system.
- Supervises and trains volunteers for home services and other Library to you services.
Implement and Deliver Core Library Services
- Routinely provides direct customer service.
- Ability to drive a 28ft bookmobile on designated routes.
- Ability to drive a delivery cargo van.
- Maintain a good driving record.
- Perform routine vehicles maintenance.
- Host library programming.
- Frequently lift 20-30 lbs.
- May include long periods of standing.
- Load materials and tubs for bookmobile collection or home delivery.
- Process materials.
- Conduct collection maintenance.
- Knowledge of latest technology trends and social media.
- Anticipates and solves problems as non-routine situations arise.
- Supports adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
- Communicates changes in policy and procedures to direct reports and implements them as directed.
- Applies input from community for implementing system-services using established industry benchmarks.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends in libraries and related fields to suggest new services for development and implementation system-wide.
- Participates in special assignments such as prototyping new services, supervising short term projects outside typical area of responsibility.
- Supervises and trains volunteers for Library 2 You core service, including coaching.
Planning and Budgeting
- Provides input for department budget and audits spending per established procedures and limits.
- Participates in annual planning for Library services.
- Communicates goals and strategic priorities to Library staff.
- Audits/expends resources with limited budgetary and decision-making authority over the resources.
- The Patron Experience Supervisor reports to the Public Services Manager.
- The Patron Experience Supervisor will implement services and programs that reflect community aspirations, needs and interests and support community engagement through public awareness of library outreach, innovative implementation of unique ideas and collaborating with community agencies.
- The Library To You service operates out of the Lakewood Library.
- Must be familiar with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Description of Community
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Apply on GovernmentJobs.com here
HR Contact Information
Interim Recruitment Coordinator | ERD/HR/Payroll, Admin Bldg
- Must be able to work some evenings, some weekends and minor holidays.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check, education verification and Motor Vehicle Record check.
Apply here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2013850-0/patron-experience-supervisor-library-to-you?keyword=library&location=80215&pagetype=searchPage