The FTCC Librarian I Liaison is funded by FTCC through contractual agreement, and works at the Spring Lake Branch Library. Additionally, this librarian works the adult reference desk and performs related tasks in support of the Spring Lake Branch Library and its customers.
- Assists customers, including FTCC students, in obtaining general, detailed and research information from a variety of print and electronic resources in person, via computer and by telephone. Provides in-depth reader’s advisory services.
- Orients and instructs FTCC students and the public in the use of print and electronic resources. Assists FTCC students and the public in the use of the library’s local on-line public access catalog (OPAC), and other resource hardware and software.
- Orients and instructs FTCC students/instructors and the public in developing search strategies to find needed information.
- Delivers incoming FTCC student library orientations, to introduce information literacy and library services. Records statistics related to orientations, and classroom visits. Presents information literacy seminars to FTCC classes on the use of Library and FTCC databases. Initiates contact with instructors to schedule library orientation sessions for Academic Readiness and English classes. Promotes the Spring Lake Branch to FTCC students during visits to FTCC Spring Lake campus; Attends FTCC functions, such as Annual President’s Address
- Participates in the selection of print, audiovisual and electronic materials of mutual benefit to FTCC students and the general public. Monitors the materials budget supplied by FTCC for that purpose. Periodically weeds the FTCC materials and assists in Branch collection maintenance.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts library programs as assigned on various general topics of public interest inside and outside the library, reflecting the resources and services of the Spring Lake Branch. Plans, coordinates and conducts programs directed at FTCC students.
- Maintains the FTCC Center within the Spring Lake Branch, including computer terminal, book display, brochures and handouts; Maintains the FLCC display in the lobby of the Spring Lake Center.
- Prepares and develops bibliographic and database brochures to encourage and help the public and FTCC students find needed information or conduct research.
- Records accurate and meaningful statistics based on standard public library procedures and related to Spring Lake Branch Library usage by FTCC students.
- Reviews donated materials to determine appropriateness for FTCC students and the general public in the circulating collection.
- Serves as working member of library council or task force as assigned
- Monitors the distribution of out-of-county library cards to FTCC students, checking with registrar’s office when necessary. Generates out-of-county library card expenditure reports for reimbursement to CCPL&IC business manager.
- Works in collaborative efforts with other community agencies.
- Assumes responsibility for keys to the facility and acts as the person-in-charge, when needed.
- Conducts Book A Librarian sessions for general public and FTCC students as needed
Description of Community
Cumberland County, located in the heart of North Carolina, offers a mixture of cultural diversity and southern hospitality. In addition to a dynamic award-winning library system, Winner of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service, our area has a beautiful climate, cultural activities, dining and shopping, recreation, golf, and nightlife.
Other Education Credentials
Trainee applicants must have completed at least 75% of required course work towards a MLS and submit a letter from the dean of the library school that states the number of credit hours already obtained and that the candidate can complete all master's degree requirements within twelve months.
Other Required/Preferred Skills & Experience
Selected applicant must have or obtain, and maintain a valid North Carolina driver’s license with an acceptable driving record; must have access to transportation; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cumberlandcountync/default.cfm Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Contact Ms. Dagmar Aerdelman at (910) 483-7727 extension 1305, fax: (910) 486-5372, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Cumberland County Human Resources Department at (910) 678-7653; Library website: http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccplsite/
HR Contact Information
Cumberland County Human Resources Department, Reesa Eastman (910) 323-6101
FTCC stands for Fayetteville Technical Community College
job posting on the library website: http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccplsite/content/employment-opportunities
application link on County website: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cumberlandcountync/default.cfm