In a collaborative, team-based environment, under the direction of the District Library Manager, assists teachers, support staff, administrators, students and community members with using the Library resources. Assists patrons with library research, including using the catalog, searching databases and other library activities. Maintains the Library’s collection of books, media and technology resources. Provides technical support and training for the SirsiDynix Library System and online library catalogs and subscriptions managed by the Library.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
1. Frequent lifting, bending, reaching, climbing, pulling and pushing.
2. Moderate physical effort (lifting up to 25 pounds).
3. Sedentary (prolonged sitting with freedom to move about).
4. Eye/hand coordination (e.g., typing, ten key).
5. Handling, talking, hearing and near acuity required.
6. Comparing, computing, compiling, coordinating ability required.
7. Working alone and with others.
8. Normal school district environment.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. No experience required.
3. Basic knowledge of typical office equipment such as telephones, copiers, email, etc.
4. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Publisher.
5. Intermediate English language skills.
6. Intermediate oral and written communication skills.
7. Advanced interpersonal relations skills.
8. Advanced organizational skills.
9. Ability to work alone and with others.
10.Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
11.Typing proficiency of 40 WPM.
12.Must have a valid Colorado driver's license.
13.Must meet insurability requirements of the Colorado School District Self Insurance Pool.
1. Associate’s degree.
2. Experience working in a library, a school district or educational setting.
3. Experience designing and coding websites.
Criminal background check and fingerprinting required for hire.
Apply online with Cherry Creek School District at http://www.cherrycreekschools.org/HumanResources/Pages/default.aspx
Year-round position for 230 weekdays per year. Start date is as soon as available.