Job Summary: The Library Services Manager (LSM) of CLP-Hill District will facilitate literacy and learning by leading an accomplished team of professionals in designing and providing services and programs for the community in this historic destination location. The LSM oversees efficient operation of the library facility, including management of staff and the successful implementation of CLP Service Standards in all of its functions. The LSM will continuously improve and advocate for library services, policies and engaging spaces that serve community needs and trends.
The successful candidate will have a passion for library services for readers and a willingness to represent and lead these services. The LSM will have demonstrated success in serving diverse communities and leading staff in design, execution and evaluation of innovative and community-oriented services. The LSM should be flexible, cooperative and accomplished at creating and maintaining partnerships. The LSM will also serve as a liaison with internal departments to achieve strategic goals.
The work of the Library Services Manager will involve:
- Understanding, advocating for and engaging with library users and building community through physical and virtual means;
- Engaging with the community, organizations and individuals, where they live, work, shop and belong;
- Designing programs and services for our community with a focus on reading, entertainment and adult learning;
- Leveraging technology and innovation to create an extraordinary user experience in services and programs;
- Understanding and modeling the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh brand and mission every day – creating and engaging with stories published across a variety of digital channels, including those owned by the Library and those created by other community members;
- Developing skills and abilities of staff and empowering staff to work to the top of their classifications to achieve the library’s goals;
- Modeling behaviors in patron-focused service, self-directed learning, strategic thinking and planning, and personal accountability;
- Developing and maintaining a functioning team atmosphere and environment;
- Leading and participating in system-wide activities such as committees and teams;
- Evaluating the success of their efforts and continuously improving public services and staff to respond to changing needs through data collection and analysis; and generating and sharing the vision of a future-focused library.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited university or Master’s degree in a similar field;
- Five or more years of library, customer service management or community relations experience.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally as required and on an independent schedule;
- PA State Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Criminal Records Check, Mandated Reporter Training upon offer of employment.
HR Contact Information
All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to Apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2332391