The Big Horn County Library Board of Trustees is seeking a person to fill the position of Library Director who oversees and advocates for Big Horn County Library System that serves the people in Big Horn County, Wyoming.
Qualifications that are required and desired are:
- MLS, BS or BA in public Library experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition to Library and/or Business operations and Administrative knowledge, the following are essential professional skills required:
- Be competent in QuickBooks and other computer systems that are currently in use or may be implemented in future. Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information in verbal and written forms.
- Ability to identify priorities, develop goals and strategies to achieve them, meet deadlines, assess patron/community needs, and provide quality library services.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, leadership, public speaking, customer service skills, with added ability to problem solve.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Budgeting and fiscal management;
- oversight of programs and services; hiring, training and supervision of Library employees;
- manage and organize acquisitions, and control of collections;
- Oversee maintenance and safety of Library buildings;
- develop positive public relations wlth patrons, donor, volunteers, teachers, community organizations, business and city/county officials.
The Big Horn County Library System is a member of the WYLD Network of Libraries.
Interested applicants need to email a Letter of Interest, along with Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com NO LATER THAN April 15, 2019.