Do you have a track record of providing excellent security system solutions? Are you able to interact and collaborate on a cross functional team who focuses on quality? Are you an information systems security professional with experience managing technical architecture? If you have high level skills in designing information security solutions that will protect the Library's systems, this full time position may be the job for you!
- Be a contributing team member on a cross functional team - the goal is to develop, facilitate, shape and sustain information and system security solutions that are integrated into Jefferson County Public Library's (JCPL) business processes.
- Be an expert in all aspects of information security solutions - Your role protects and shapes the JCPL IT infrastructure.
- Manage, control, coordinate and prioritize the work of JCPL infrastructure and services teams.
- Supervise activities of professional IT systems administrators; to include routine personnel matters such as recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, granting leave, appraising and discipline.
- Protect information assets and systems against potential threats and vulnerabilities that could impact the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.
- Conduct periodic network scans and oversee penetration testing to simulate an attack on the system exploiting weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- Design and implement solutions based on security principals, best practice and existing technologies.
- Monitor networks and systems for security breaches, through the use of software that detects intrusions and anomalous system behavior.
- Lead incident response - including steps to minimize impact and conduct a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage.
- Develop and implement awareness training for library employees and managers on information security standards, policies and best practices.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats - Your efforts ensure our security goals are met!
- Clearly communicate and escalate problems, issues and solutions to technical and non-technical audiences using verbal, written and graphical communication.
- Report to the Library Director of IT.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Description of Community
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Apply on GovernmentJobs.com here
HR Contact Information
Recruitment Coordinator | ERD/HR/Payroll, Admin Bldg
- Must be able to work days, some evenings, some weekends and holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check, education verification and Motor Vehicle Record check
** Please be aware: Due to increased security features added to many email providers, it is
possible that email correspondence sent from "govermentjobs.com" could be sent to your spam
folder. We encourage applicants to regularly check their status on governmentjobs.com to see if
any updates (such as a request for an interview) might have been posted.
When completing an application on NeoGov, you should receive a confirmation notice within a
few minutes of submitting your application. Again, please check your Bulk/Spam or Junk E-Mail
folder in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, you can
then select the confirmation message and mark it Not Spam/Junk. This should allow for future
messages to get through to your inbox.
Apply here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/jefferson/jobs/2414550/it-systems-security-manager/apply?department=Library&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs