Marmot Library Network offers an opportunity for a Junior Developer who enjoys working collaboratively with an organization valuing teamwork and exceptional customer support.
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
PURPOSE: The Junior Developer maintains, supports, and develops web-
based application software hosted by Marmot; and works with web coordinators and developers employed by member libraries to integrate services hosted by Marmot. As an entry-level employee, the Junior Developer must learn as quickly as possible the Marmot VuFind development environment and codebase. The Junior Developer also handles problem reports and service requests, and works with colleagues to operate and maintain online services hosted by Marmot.
THE IDEAL JUNIOR DEVELOPER:
- A team player who engages well with others
- A patient, active listener eager to provide exemplary customer service
- A technology geek who can understand user needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Innovative, creative, and keen to explore new and emerging technologies
- Results-oriented, highly organized, systematic, and methodical
- Able to juggle several tasks at once and maintain a sense of humor
- A quick learner willing to tackle new problems and challenges
Additional Info & Requirements
- 0-2 Years experience in information technology.
- Demonstrable experience supporting a web site.
- Practical knowledge of computers, networks, operating systems, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS
- Demonstrable skill with PHP & CSS
- Familiarity with integrated library systems, particularly Sierra by Innovative Interfaces; and catalog discovery layers, particularly VuFind by Villanova University
- Desirable skills include website graphics design, MARC and library cataloging standards, Solr, Java, Git or similar version control software, and MySQL.
- Ability to discern specific problems in symptoms reported by non-technical users, and to explain technical material in non-technical terms
- Ability to guard confidentiality of library and Marmot records
- Ability to respond promptly to system emergencies
Grand Junction is the largest city on Colorado's Western Slope (population 146,723). The surrounding area offers an incredible view of red rock canyons and year-round outdoor activities including hiking,biking,rafting and skiing.
• Candidate must be located in Colorado
• Option to work either in Grand Junction at the main Marmot Office or within an hour of Parker.
Mary Vernon firstname.lastname@example.org (970)242-3331 x112
Marmot offers a competitive benefits package and salary of $45K-$60K depending on qualifications. Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com.