Poudre River Public Library District
Webster House Administration Center
Job Title: Digital Communications Assistant
Reports To: Communications Manager
Location: Webster House Administration Center
FLSA Status: Full Time Classified / Non-Exempt
Hiring Range: $41,100 - $46,238
Summary: Coordinates digital communications functions for the Poudre River Public Library District through writing and promotion. Creates engaging content and marketing campaigns across a variety of media and digital platforms to highlight the District’s services, programs, and resources. Understands community needs and customer desires in order to align digital communications activities with the Library District strategic plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates strategic internal and external communications that communicate the intended “brand” of the Library District in alignment with the Library District strategic plan.
- Works with the Communications Manager to develop and execute a digital communications strategy for the Library District
- Implements and monitors digital marketing campaigns across digital networks.
- Develops, coordinates, and publishes digital content on social media, websites, blog, and email marketing platforms.
- Prepares reports on the Library’s social media platforms and makes recommendations on improving campaigns, engagement, and reach.
- Helps enable staff to implement best practices for Library District communications and public relations.
- Helps maintain the Communications SharePoint site.
- Coordinates content delivery with Communications Team for a consistent schedule of internal communications to facilitate an informed workplace and support staff engagement.
- Assists in community outreach activities during special events and strategic partnership activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Teams technologies; desktop and mobile social media platforms; Zoom webinar platform; and WordPress.
- Basic to intermediate skills with video and photography equipment.
- Basic to intermediate skills with graphic layout and image editing software.
- Basic to intermediate skills with video editing software.
- Knowledge of digital media technologies and latest trends
- Knowledge of community relations and marketing methods, practices, and procedures.
- Advanced proof reading and editing skills.
- Knowledge of target marketing practices.
- Must demonstrate quality writing skills.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Manage complex communications in accordance with the ethical and public disclosure standards for a publicly funded agency.
- Handle multiple work assignments and meet strict deadlines.
- Recognize and set priorities.
- Use initiative and independent judgment in a wide variety of situations.
- Read, analyze, and interpret information, data, and other documents.
- Respond effectively to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the community.
- Create engaging content for digital publication that conforms to prescribed style and format.
- Present information effectively to management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in public relations, communications, or marketing fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver's license required.
May direct the work of volunteers.
Work Environment: Day-to-day work is performed in a normal office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to sit, use hands to handle, or feel, talk and hear;
- Often required to stand and walk;
- Occasionally required to drive the Library van or operate the electric assist Book Bike;
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally exposed to hot and cold temperatures; and
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work: Typical work hours are M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Must be available to work a varied schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
The Poudre River Public Library District will make reasonable accommodations for access to Library District services, programs and activities and will make special communication arrangements for persons with disabilities. Please call (970) 221-6740 for assistance.
Poudre River Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions for which they have applied without regard to gender (regardless of gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age 40 years or older, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or other characteristics protected by law. For the purpose of this Library District policy “sexual orientation” means a person’s actual or perceived orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.
Note: Some information in your application may be public information under the Colorado Open Records Act.
Located in northern Colorado, Fort Collins is home to Colorado State University and an outstanding public school system.
Nestled at the base of the Rocky Mountains, Fort Collins offers exciting recreational opportunities, unique cultural offerings, and is a regional center for employment and shopping.
Throughout the year, live music and entertainment, as well as great local dining, can be found throughout the historic downtown area. Fort Collins offers the convenience of a small town with all the amenities of a larger city.
If you are seeking the Colorado lifestyle and a community in which you can reinvent and reinvigorate yourself then Fort Collins is your city.
For more information, please visit the City of Fort Collins website: http://www.fcgov.com/visitor/
Human Resources / Job Listings
https://www.poudrelibraries.org/jobs/ NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.