About The Logan School
The Logan School for Creative Learning is an independent K-8 school for approximately 240 gifted students who are exceptionally inquisitive and hungry for knowledge. The Logan School fosters this love of learning by providing an experience-based education that allows students to develop individually to their fullest potential. With a focus on higher levels of critical thinking, students develop a mature sense of whom they are and how they will connect with the world around them -- skills that will serve them well into the future.
The Logan School Librarian is primarily responsible for the day to day operation and maintenance of the school’s library and information systems including but not limited to: assisting kids ages 4.5-14 with research and book selection, maintaining the library database, checking out books and technology to faculty and staff and teaching Information Toolkit to students ages 8-12.
Manage and maintain the Logan School’s library of books and technology resources:
- Purchase, catalog, shelve, and weed fiction, non-fiction, and staff collections
- Work with teachers to make sure the library has the resources necessary for their classes, including databases, periodicals, book group sets, AV equipment
- Find relevant materials for teachers when requested
- Manage and maintain the circulation of laptops and AV equipment
- Assist with set-ups for AV equipment at meetings, events, etc.
- Manage library budget, including reconciling monthly credit card statement
- Manage circulation, including overdue and missing materials
- Manage library donations
- Supervise students using the library
Develop library and information technology skills program curricula:
- Teach required information technology/library skills class to all incoming 3rd graders; teach optional advanced class for upper IS students
- Work daily with kids ages 4-14 assisting with research and library skills, troubleshooting computers, readers’ advisory
- Promote and collaborate with teachers to consistently integrate curricula materials in daily classroom use
- Conduct library orientations for classes each year
- Conduct weekly story time for lower primary classes
- Assist teachers with running book groups for 3rd-8th graders
- Supervise Newbery & Printz book clubs for interested IS and AS students
Other duties as assigned by the head of school and/or deans
This is a salaried, benefited, faculty position paid over 12 months although this person is only required to be at school when school is in session (beginning of August to beginning of June).
The Head of School is the direct supervisor for this position.
Typically 8:00am- 4:00pm Monday-Friday when school is in session. Attendance is required at All-Staff Meetings until 5:00pm at least once per month.
- Teaching experience preferred
- Comfort and experience with various forms and platforms for technology (Mac, Windows, Chromebook) and audio visual equipment (projectors and tvs)
- Proficiency with Google Suites
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to supervise and work with individuals and groups of children ages 4.5-14
This is a full-time position, with a salary range of $45,000-$55,000 depending on experience and qualifications. The Logan School provides full benefits, including a group health plan, TIAA-CREF retirement plan, dental, life, and disability to all full-time employees.
To apply, send résumé, cover letter, and references to Markus Hunt, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Additional Info & Requirements
We are renovating our library so much of the up front work this year will be putting our library back together (i.e. putting books back on shelves)