We're hiring a tech savvy, customer service oriented individual for our Technical Support Technician position! You'll provide IT support for users within a department or division at the Library, including customer communications, documenting, inventorying, testing, maintaining, basic troubleshooting, triage, repair and support of PC hardware, software, operating systems, software applications, peripherals and mobile devices. If you are a tech guru and are customer oriented, this may be the job for you!
- Performs a variety of computer maintenance and support tasks, including receiving and documenting incoming support calls, inventorying, basic troubleshooting of PC hardware, software, operating systems, software applications, peripherals and mobile phones.
- Exercises judgment and decision making in the diagnosis and resolution of basic computer hardware and software problems. Follows established processes and procedures. Provides input for process optimization.
- Receipting, pulling orders, staging orders, processing delivery receipts, scanning, performing end-of-day processing and performing cycle counts.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexibility to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth.
Additional Info & Requirements
Minimum of 1 year of experience.
Travel to other library locations may be required.
Ability to work in a call center environment.
Must be available to work days, weekends, evenings and minor holidays.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Human Resources / Job Listings