Are you passionate about customer service? Do you love to guide students through the research process? Are you a degreed librarian or recent graduate with an MLIS? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you! Apply today for the part-time Reference Librarian position at the Arapahoe Community College Library. We seek a motivated team player who is eager to learn by doing. Duties will include providing research help to students, facilitating information literacy instruction for a variety of courses, great customer service at the Research Help and Circulation desks, maintenance of the serials collection, and special projects at ACC’s main and extension campuses.
Our ideal candidate must be able to work evening hours and Saturdays. Reliable transportation is required to work at our extension campuses in Castle Rock and Parker. The Reference Librarian will report to the Head of Reference and Instruction.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by phone or email. If offered the position, you will be asked to complete an ACC general employment packet and a background check will be conducted.
Please indicate your interest by emailing a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, be sure to address how you meet the minimum qualifications.
· MLIS from an accredited institution
· In-person and virtual reference experience in Public or Academic libraries
· Instruction experience
· Knowledge of web-based applications and ILS systems
· Ability to interact with a diverse population
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Detail oriented
· Experience with creating and editing video tutorials
· Experience with Springshare products (LibGuides, LibCal, LibAnswers)
$21.00 - $23.00 per hour depending on education and experience
· Monday through Thursday - 3:00pm-8:00pm
· Saturday - 9:00am-3:00pm
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
· Constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
· Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or Angela.Johnson@arapahoe.edu.
Medical insurance is offered to instructors and other variable hour employees who have worked, on average, at least 30 hours per week in a 12-month period. Hourly staff generally do not meet this average since hourly staff may not work more than 28 hours each week. Additional information can be found within BP 3-10 and at the CCCS Employee Benefits site under “Instructor & Variable Hour Employee Benefit Information.”
Sick leave is granted in accordance with SB20-205, Sick Leave for Employees, accrued at one hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked, up to a maximum of 48 hours per year.
Non-student hourly staff are required to contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their salary and do not contribute to Social Security. ACC/CCCS student employees are not eligible to participate in PERA. ACC/CCCS offers three tax-deferred investment plans, including 401(k), 403(b) and 457.
Notice to all Applicants
· Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
· Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
· Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
· Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
· Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
· Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
· Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace, including for online courses.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policy 19-60. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, familial status, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected category under applicable local, state or federal law (also known as “civil rights laws”), in connection with employment practices or educational programs and activities (including admissions).
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. As a community, ACC encourages the richness of diversity and values the dignity of all persons. We strive to foster an equitable and positive learning environment that reflects the diverse nature of the people of Colorado and the nation.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, Campus.Police@arapahoe.edu, or Room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.