The Longmont Library is hiring a 30 hour, bilingual Library Technician to join the Adult Services team. Looking for someone dedicated to customer service. Duties will include helping patrons with all types of questions in person, on phone, email, and text. Creating, hosting, and presenting programs, Assisting with managing our collection. Participating on our bilingual committee and providing outreach to out Spanish speaking community. Assisting the Adult Services team with current and new library services. The Longmont Public Library is highly regarded in community and the Library team functions well together.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, Defined Benefit Pension Plan, 401(a) Money Purchase Plan, Life & Survivor, Term Life & AD&D, Long Term Disability, Bereavement, Jury & Witness Duty, FMLA, Military Leave, Sick, Vacation, Holiday pay, EAP, Tuition Assistance. Other benefits: Optional, employee elected, voluntary benefits are available.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains a courteous, positive image of the Library; maintains confidentiality in all customer and staff interactions.
- Provides increasingly complex direct public services to customers as they visit the library in person, call on the telephone, or communicate in a virtual environment in both English and Spanish.
- Provides technology support to customers on equipment and software including but not limited to Libby, research databases, steaming services, etc.
- Performs advanced reference assistance and readers’ advisory services; completes Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Proficient in the use of library software for study room reservations, Discovery passes, Library of Things, etc.
- Engages in community outreach and programming to expand visibility and partnerships with the library.
- Plans, creates, host, and delivers programs.
- Assists in maintaining the collection in the Library both physical and virtual collections.
- Assumes responsibility for safe and effective daily operation of the library in the absence of a supervisor; ensures that security and safety reports are completed accurately and submitted as required.
- Acts as a resource provider for specific services.
- Keeps informed about Library and department information.
- Attends regular department meetings and scheduled staff meetings.
- Participate in continuing education and training. Every city employee is required to complete both city and job specific training each year. In addition, the Library encourages staff to pursue opportunities for professional development.
- Translates information into Spanish for promotional materials.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Knowledge of the Longmont Public Library policies and procedures and ability to follow them.
- Ability to act as an ambassador of Longmont Public Library by promoting its mission and vision to the public.
- Demonstrates ability to exhibit sound judgment and demeanor in public interactions; thinks and acts appropriately under pressure.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current library services and trends.
- Ability to work independently and effectively organize daily work under general supervision.
- Knowledge of more complex computer technology and applications and ability to effectively train others.
- Ability to work as part of a team, demonstrating an excellent customer service attitude and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-rich environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. At least one evening a week and rotating weekends. Our regular hours are M-Th 9-8, F-Sat 9-5, Sun 1-5.
Posting closes on July 20th at 11:59 PM. Those chosen for an interview will be contacted via email or phone on or by July 28th for interviews. Interviews can be held in-person or via WebX. The candidate chosen must pass the city required background check and drug screening.
Longmont, Colorado, located in Boulder County, has 22 square miles, over 300 days of sunshine, and a spectacular view of the Rocky Mountains. Longmont sits at an elevation of 4,979 feet above sea level. With over 1,500 acres of parks and open space, Longmont is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. Longmont also is home to several high-tech companies and a vibrant craft beer and restaurant scene. It is conveniently located 37 miles from Denver, 16 miles from Boulder, and 30 miles from the scenic Trail Ridge Road. Longmont was named one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in the United States twice - once in 2006 and again in 2008. The Top 100 Best Places to Live as designated by Money Magazine, searches for small livable cities that had the best possible blend of good jobs, low crime, quality schools, plenty of open space, rational home prices and lots to do.
City of Longmont Human Resouces: 303-651-8609.