Salt Lake County Library
WHITMORE LIBRARY - TECH SERVICES
Administers, configures, and supports the Integrated Library System (ILS) for theTechnical Services Department.
Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science, Library Information Science, or other closely related field, plus four (4) years of professional librarian experience of which two (2) years must be of combined cataloging library materials and software application administration experience; OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience. Education may not be substituted for the required cataloging and software application experience.
Must complete basic Structured Query Language (SQL) training within six (6) months of the date of hire.
- Serves as System Administrator for the Technical Services portion of the library's Integrated Library System (ILS) maintaining catalog rules, settings, and global functions.
- Collaborates with program and infrastructure staff to optimize systems.
- Monitors and assures accuracy of bibliographic records with current cataloging standards and practices.
- Assists in implementing application program interfaces (API's) to optimize existing systems, including testing, system upgrades and enhacements.
- Acts as primary technical liaison with ILS vendor.
- Creates and modifies custom and standard reports. Provides statistical data reporting.
- Participates in the ILS community, acting as a resource.
- Collaborate across Library departments to develop training and documentation on ILS system.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system issues.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
We offer a full range of health benefits as well as cash wellness incentives, a very robust retirement benefit, and great work/life balance! For more information, please click here SLCO Benefits
The Salt Lake County Library is seeking an experienced individual to serve as a Systems Librarian. The County Library has 19 branches with a service population of over 900,000 and more than 600,000 library cardholders. The library serves growing communities in Salt Lake County with a focus on popular materials. The library uses the Polaris ILS. We have an annual circulation of over 12 million with a collections budget of $6.2 million. Library holdings include 1.83 million physical items and 200,000 digital items. The collections include books, movies, and music as well as telescopes, tablets, hotspots, and Chromebooks.
Salt Lake County is surrounded by picturesque mountains that offer a variety of outdoor recreation, with opportunities for skiing, hiking, and boating all less than an hour away.