This position will provide education and outreach to the students, faculty, and staff of the Auraria Campus, which serves the University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University Denver, and the Community College of Denver. Our Education and Outreach Student Assistants form the core of our public service model, and this is very much a hands-on position. Successful applicants can expect authentic experiences involving research help and library instruction, as well as other opportunities related to the day-to-day operations of a large academic library, such as projects related to campus outreach and open educational resources (OER).
Note: The library plans for a full reopening for the fall semester 2021. Education and Outreach Student Assistants will provide on-campus, in-person services.
Examples of Work Performed
- Provide in-person support at a shared service point, including research help and materials check-out, to Auraria Library users.
- Staff online chat research help service.
- Conduct library instruction sessions in a range of disciplines.
- Develop in-class exercises and assessments that will help students advance their research abilities.
- Create and edit online materials, including research guides and video tutorials.
- Receive professional support and guidance from Auraria Library faculty and staff to ensure success in this position.
- Engage in campus outreach events to promote library resources, spaces, and services.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Enrolled in a graduate level program.
- Familiarity with academic library services.
- Experience with teaching, public speaking, or customer service.
- Interest in academic librarianship, especially instruction and/or research help services.
- Enrolled in a Library and Information Science graduate program.
Located in downtown Denver, Colorado, the Auraria Campus is home to three institutions of higher education – University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and Community College of Denver – all three of which are Hispanic-Serving Institutions. The Auraria Library serves the campus’ over 45,000 students, including many first-generation, underrepresented, and non-traditional students, and sees more than 750,000 visits a year. Auraria Library is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from historically underrepresented candidates. The library seeks candidates who embrace a multicultural, diverse, and inclusive workplace, and who strive to
incorporate those values in their work and interactions.
Application Instructions: To apply, email a resume and letter expressing your interest in this position to email@example.com. Please include “Application for Education and Outreach Student Assistant Position” as the subject line.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations on all prospective employees.