Are you a QuickBooks master with excellent attention to detail? Do you pride yourself on a balanced checkbook? Do you see a balance sheet as a work of art? If you say yes to all of the above and want to work at one of the consistently ranked “Best Places to Work” in Lawrence, Kansas, please keep reading!
Lawrence Public Library is currently searching for a new bookkeeper. This position reports directly to the Executive Director is responsible for tracking and reporting on the finances of both the library and our Friends and Foundation.
Our library embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in our mission, hiring, and operations. We actively seek individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance our mission to be a diverse, equitable, and antiracist organization. Lawrence Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our bookkeeper does the following:
- Prepares financial reports for the Library Board of Trustees including budgets, accounts payable revenues and expenses, balance sheets, bank reconciliations and statistics.
- Develops and maintains payroll information including new hire entry and employee status changes; prepares, verifies, and completes payroll; serves as a KPERS designated agent; manages direct deposit; prepares W2's and other mandatory payroll related state and federal reports.
- Completes accounts payable activities; enters invoices, purchase requisitions and delivery records; completes payments to vendors.
- Maintains on-hand cash funds for the library; completes cash transactions and collects funds; deposits funds into the bank.
- Balances daily cash and credit receipts at the cash register and self check machines against transactions registered in the library’s integrated library system.
- Performs accounting functions for the Library Friends and Foundation including reporting, making deposits and developing audit records.
- Compiles and prepares data for the audits.
- Maintains the fixed asset listing.
- Proficiency using QuickBooks
- Experience as a KPERS designated agent
- Experience combining payroll, accounting, and KPERS
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting or business and moderate experience working in a similar role, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hourly rate starts at $20.14 and is negotiable based on previous experience. This is a 32 hour per week position with great benefits including health insurance. The final candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to employement. If this sounds like the job for you, please consider joining our team at the Lawrence Public Library by submitting a job application, resume, and cover letter. For references, please be sure to include people that have worked with you in the past and can speak to your strengths. First review of application begins Wednesday, July 28, 2021.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
This is a KPERS position and you are required to put 6% of your salary towards this retirement benefit annually. There are other benefits included too like vacation and sick leave. This position does not offer any health coverage though.
Lawrence Public Library is located in the heart of downtown Lawrence, Kansas, a quintessential Midwestern college town of 90,000. It is a short drive to Kansas City and all its big city amenities should you need them.
External Job Ad
Employee Engagement Coordinator