The Wyoming State Library is seeking an experienced individual to serve as the Bibliographic Services Librarian for the WYLD Network office in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
This position is responsible for assisting library staff throughout the state with issues related to the cataloging, serials, and acquisitions modules in the statewide integrated library system (SirsiDynix Symphony). This position ensures the quality of the bibliographic database by monitoring data entry, resolving issues with cataloging and serials records, creating original records, creating and maintaining related documentation and training materials, and by overseeing the creation and use of authorized headings.
The Bibliographic Services Librarian reports directly to the WYLD Manager and serves as a point of contact for member library staff with questions or concerns about acquisitions, serials, and cataloging practices. This position works with the WYLD Support Team to address basic ILS related issues, plan for the implementation of new features in the ILS, identify training needs, and deliver training to library staff. Additionally, this person serves on statewide committees when needed and provides a leadership role for other technical services staff in the consortium.
This position is perfect for a candidate who:
- Has knowledge of national standards and practices including AACR2, RDA, MARC format, authority control, Dewey Decimal Classification, and Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Has experience using Integrated Library Systems and Library Services Platforms with an emphasis on technical services
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude when working with library staff and coworkers
- Can creatively solve problems and negotiate and handle stressful situations in a positive manner
- Can multitask, prioritize, and demonstrate innovation and flexibility
- Is comfortable providing training using a variety of methods for users with varying levels of technical expertise
- Master’s in Library Science or equivalent from ALA-accredited institution
- At least two years of post-MLS professional-level cataloging work in a library, including experience with OCLC
- Effective communication, interpersonal, organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with varying levels of computer skills, as well as the ability to make technology understandable to the library community
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently
- Familiarity with library technology standards and protocols such as AACR2, MARC, and RDA
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
The State of Wyoming offers a benefits package that includes sick leave, annual leave, health insurance, retirement, and more. View State of Wyoming benefits at https://ai.wyo.gov/divisions/human-resources/benefits.