The Louisville Public Library celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment, where all employees are valued for their unique contributions.
The Louisville Public Library seeks a warm, enthusiastic, customer service orientated, and technologically savvy individual to work in our busy library. Under the general direction of the Youth or Adult Services Supervisor, this position performs paraprofessional librarian support duties on a scheduled and on-call basis. This position will have a primary area of focus in either the Youth Services or Adult Services department, but will be scheduled on the children’s, teen, and adult services reference desks. This position provides assistance with reference, readers' advisory, instruction, and programming for children, teens, and adults. Performs other work as required. Schedule includes evenings and rotating weekend hours. This position will be scheduled for 10-15 hours per week, based on the needs of the library
Examples of Duties:
- Staffs public desks in Children’s, Teen, and Adult divisions.
- Warmly greet and authentically welcome patrons by suggesting and locating information and resources that meet our community’s needs.
- Provide instructional assistance in the use of library-supported technologies and resources, including basic instruction in using new and emerging devices and digital resources.
- Create and maintain fun and visually appealing displays for library users.
- Assume responsibility for department when working alone.
- May assist with planning and implementation of programs and large-scale library events.
- Performs other duties as required to provide excellent customer service and to ensure smooth operation of Public Services.