Overview: Provides administrative assistance and operational support to the Director of Customer Experience and related department managers, including Customer Experience, Branch Services, Youth & Family Services, and Materials Handling. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment, discretion, and initiative.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
Administrative and Operational Support:
- Supports administration of the assigned departments.
- Provides project support department managers, including research, data collection, analysis and documentation maintenance.
- Compiles data for scheduled or special reports. Maintains databases and spreadsheets to track information.
- Orders and manages supplies for the library branches and Customer Experience departments.
- Assists with budget analysis, tracking and reporting.
- Coordinates meetings, conferences, special events, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Supports standing committees or work groups as assigned, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and following up on action items.
- Scans and prints documents, sends emails, prioritizes and handles correspondence, and performs other clerical functions, as required.
- Identifies inefficiencies and implements improvements to optimize workflow.
- Communicates with vendors to schedule product demonstrations, request product information, and follow up on services scheduled.
- Handles other non-routine tasks to ensure smooth operation of the Customer Experience division.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and requested.
One DCL Commitment: It is an expectation of each employee that you will live and exemplify Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Two or more years’ administrative or related office experience required.
- Maintains expert knowledge and use of computers in Microsoft Office Suite, and other industry-related software. Learns new technology that is introduced in the industry and the organization, as needed.
- Enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
- Enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
- Has a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Acts with tact, good judgement, and discretion.
- Builds effective working relationships with internal staff and vendors; provides outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Works independently under tight deadlines.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
A combination of experience and education will be considered.
Physical Requirements: Must have the physical ability, stamina, mobility and manual dexterity to support a 7-day a week operation. Work at computer work-stations repetitively and for extended periods. Participate in meetings and events at various locations and at varied times throughout the day. Ability to read as small as 8pt font.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Douglas County Libraries (DCL) is a Colorado PERA Member Employer, so you will be enrolled in Colorado PERA. For details on member benefits go to www.copera.org Elective DCL benefits include:
- Health Care Plans: medical, dental & vision
- Voluntary Plans: Accident, Critical Illness, Short Term, and Long Term Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- 401k & 457 plans (through CO PERA)
- Legal-ID Shield
Additional DCL benefits include:
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Illness time off
- Leaves of Absence for Qualifying Events
*Benefits are subject to change
Please apply for this job on our website here.