Pikes Peak Library District
1785 South 8th St, Suite 100, Colorado Springs
Position Summary: Operates in a diverse environment to help fulfill the Library’s mission by providing customer focused library circulation and information services, supervising circulation staff, and participating in a wide variety of support activities and programming.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Directs daily circulation operations for assigned branch library or multiple locations, including all circulation functions, registration, customer accounts, shelving, and other support activities including routine facility and IT maintenance needs.
- Manages and assigns daily workflow; creates and adjusts work schedules using substitute staff as needed within the branch substitute budget constraints.
- Ensures that materials are returned and shelved in a timely manner. Ensures that holds are processed and incoming material is processed in a timely manner for the best customer service.
- In conjunction with the Library Manager, supervises and coaches. Conducts performance appraisals for direct reports, substitutes and volunteers; verifies and approves timesheets, maintains personnel records and trains new employees.
- Serves as the Volunteer Supervisor at the branch. Works with Pikes Peak Library District’s Volunteer Coordinator to advertise branch volunteer opportunities and complete District in-processing. Responsible for overseeing the training, scheduling, coaching and recognition for branch volunteers. Reports volunteer hours to the Library’s Volunteer Coordinator monthly.
- Participates in the interview and selection process for new staff; may participate in staff terminations as necessary.
- Provides excellent direct customer service and acts as a role model for staff; presents a courteous, positive image of the Library and maintains confidentiality in customer and staff interactions.
- Works at the public desk assisting customers with materials check-out/check-in, new card registration, and resolves account inquiries or disputes.
- Assists and instructs customers in searches for materials and on-line information, computer applications, and community referrals.
- Contributes to the evaluation and management of the branch materials collections.
- Acts as Person-in-Charge in absence of the manager; assumes responsibility for safe and effective operation of the library, including initiation of emergency procedures as needed; ensures that incident and insurance reports are completed and submitted.
- Maintains accountability for cash and checks; works with Finance staff to provide reports and daily accounting. Authorizes petty cash purchase orders.
- Submits facilities, maintenance, security and IT work orders in coordination with branch staff.
- May compile and report monthly statistics and Library activities to the Library Manager.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are considered non-essential and include the following:
- Keeps informed about Library information.
- Makes operational and budgetary recommendations to the Library Manager.
- May conduct computer skills or other instructional classes and serve as back-up or support for other programming and outreach needs.
- May serve as an IT liaison for the branch.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Serves on Library teams as assigned.
- Attends regular department meetings and scheduled all-staff meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The employee is expected to perform or possess the following:
- Knowledge of the Pikes Peak Library District’s policies and procedures and ability to follow them.
- Ability to act as an ambassador of Pikes Peak Library District by promoting its mission and vision to the public.
- Demonstrates knowledge of circulation policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Ability to supervise, plan, and coordinate the work of staff in order to accomplish library goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills; resolves conflicts with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrates excellent ability to build effective relationships with customers, circulation staff, and staff at all levels and locations within the Library District.
- Demonstrates advanced ability to use applications software, including the Library’s Integrated Library System, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, along with standard office equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively as a team member, organize daily work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-rich environment.
Education and Experience:
1. Requires a high school diploma or equivalency. Associate or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
2. Requires a minimum of two years of library or customer service experience.
3. Requires a minimum of two years of experience supervising staff.
4. Bilingual or multilingual ability is a plus in serving a diverse community.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is primarily conducted in an office setting that provides comfortable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Position requires the ability to sit and use a computer or standard office equipment for extended periods. Position requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to occasionally reach, bend, climb, twist and squat. Position requires the ability to lift up to 35 pounds. Position requires the ability to push a fully loaded book truck weighing up to 120 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
LIBRARY SUPERVISOR 2 - CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN LIBRARY
(40 hours per week, exempt) - Position # 192533001
DATE POSTED: August 20, 2021
LOCATION: 1785 South 8th Street, Suite 100., Colorado Springs, CO 80905
STARTING WAGE: $20.52 per hour - $25.66 per hour+ full benefits (for benefits information, please see: http://ppld.org/jobs/benefits)
POSITION HOURS: 40 hours per week per the following schedule:
Monday-Thursday : variable hours between 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
Friday or Saturday : variable hours
Sunday rotation as needed at Penrose Library
On Call duty as needed.
Note: Regular schedule may be subject to minor changes due to required meetings, training events, etc. Also, management may require modifications to a position’s schedule, days, times and locations at any time as the needs of the Library District change.
1. Complete a PPLD online application located at ppld.org/Jobs at the Application Tab
2. Attachments should be submitted online in the following file types: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .htm
3. Requires resume and cover letter. Applications will not be considered without a resume and cover letter.
4. If you require an accommodation to complete your job application, please contact the Human Resources Office at (719) 531 - 6333, ext. 6380 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Application materials must be received by September 09, 2021 at 9:59 p.m. MDT
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
All selected candidates…
§ are required to complete a Department of Homeland Security I-9 Form at the time of hire and must be able to provide acceptable documentation in order to verify his/her legal right to be employed in the U.S. (pursuant to
the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986). Pikes Peak Library District participates in E-Verify.
§ are subject to a full reference and background investigation including verification of identification (including verification of Social Security number using USCIS E-Verify), education, former employment, and criminal history.
§ may be uniformly tested for job-related skills and required physical abilities.
§ may be required to undergo a physical examination after a job offer is extended in order to ensure that the job’s physical requirements are met.
§ must understand and comply with PPLD’s drug-free workplace policy.
§ understand and agree that they have been hired at the will of the employer and that employment may be terminated at any time, with or without reason, and with or without notice.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pikes Peak Library District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation including gender expression, military status, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. The library reserves the right to hire more than one person per advertised vacancy.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Additional Info & Requirements
please apply on ppld.org/jobs --> Application tab
Colorado Springs, located at the foot of Pikes Peak, is a diverse community with excellent opportunities for education, culture, and outdoor activities. It offers great weather averaging 245 days of sunshine annually. It is the mission of the Pikes Peak Library District to seek, engage, and transform through library services and resources that enrich individual lives and build community.
External Job Ad
Soumya Gollapalli : email@example.com