Auraria Library / University of Colorado Denver
The Auraria Library is hiring two instructor positions as Researcher Support Librarians as part of a cohort intended to bring these roles into the unit at the same time so that the workflows and functions of each position can be defined collectively, and they can support each other in providing library services and programming.
The Researcher Support Librarian is responsible for providing consultation services, guidelines, and communication in one or more areas of scholarly communication. These areas could include copyright/fair use, open access, author’s rights, publication processes, research dissemination/promotion, and/or impact of research and scholarly works. This librarian has collection development responsibilities for building, managing, and evaluating specific collecting areas to support learning and research. This librarian communicates with stakeholders about the collections including raising awareness, changes to resource access, and training/educational opportunities. This position participates at the foundational level in other areas of researcher support services such as GIS services, data management/services, special and digital collections, the digital repository, and/or digital scholarship.
For examples of responsibilities, see the full job description.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions.
- Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
- Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Additional Info & Requirements
Minimum Qualifications (Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.)
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school or program.
- Experience participating in collection development in an academic environment.
- Experience in one or more areas of scholarly communications including copyright, fair use, author’s rights, open access, data management, publication processes, research dissemination/promotion, or impact of research and other scholarly works.
- Experience in other areas of researcher support.
Located in downtown Denver, Colorado, the Auraria Campus is home to three institutions of higher education – University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and Community College of Denver – the latter two are federally designated Hispanic-Serving Institutions. The Auraria Library serves the campus’ over 45,000 students, including many first-generation, underrepresented, and non-traditional students, and sees more than 750,000 visits a year. Auraria Library is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from historically underrepresented candidates. The library seeks candidates who embrace a multicultural, diverse, and inclusive workplace, and who strive to incorporate those values in their work and interactions.
Instructions to Applicants:
Applications are only accepted electronically. Use the Apply Online tab at the full job description for this Instructor position number 22437. Or search for job 22437 on the Denver Campus at CU Careers.
When applying, applicants must include:
- Letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting references)