The position provides technical services for the State Publications Library particularly in the areas of digitization of the collection; original cataloging and promoting the collection by writing blog posts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Collection Care: Serve as lead for State Publications Library’s digitization efforts, both in-house digital preservation of paper documents and working with vendor for outsourced digitization. Write and research grant opportunities for digitization and other collections care projects.
Collection Development: Review state agency department web sites to acquire state documents not submitted by agencies. Review and prioritize publications for cataloging, supplying cataloger with new publications and maintenance requests on a weekly basis. Claim new titles in the monograph and serials collection, encouraging agencies to send documents proactively.
Customer Service: maintain and write blog entries and back up reference librarian.
Cataloging: Assist original cataloger with cataloging state documents. Copy-cataloging on OCLC for publications digitized or obtained for the collection. Create serial index pages.
Lead Worker for Library Tech II: Train & oversee daily work of Library Tech II. Gradually decrease need for training as Tech II becomes acclimated when new. Check Library Tech II’s work, including review of checked-in serials. Monitor job duties for accuracy by reviewing work periodically. Send daily email of work priorities and a review of the prior day’s work, if necessary.
Other duties as assigned.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
All the standard benefits
Additional Info & Requirements
Minimum Education Requirements:
- MLIS from an ALA accredited institution
Competency and Qualification Requirements:
- At least two (2) years of state or federal documents experience
- At least two(2) years of cataloging experience and working in OCLC
- 1-2 years’ experience in reference
- 1 year experience in customer service
- 1-2 years’ experience with library automation and/or direct experience with integrated library systems particularly Sierra
- Knowledge of digitization, and standards and practices related to libraries
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- A team player who can also work independently
- Willing and able to travel
- Ability to pass a background check
Human Resources / Job Listings
Jessica Martella at firstname.lastname@example.org