Are you passionate about technology, enjoy change and overcoming challenges? Are you a hands-on type of person who enjoys troubleshooting technology and assisting with hardware and software installation? If your answer is yes, we would like to hear from you. Butte County Library is seeking an Information Systems Analyst to perform challenging technical and administrative work. This is an excellent opportunity to join a hardworking, high performing team and making a difference for the Butte County Library. This is a full-time position supports Butte County Library’s Information Systems unit and assist with systems administration, help desk support and projects.
This is a Countywide utilized classification.
The current vacancy is in the Butte County Public Library, but the eligibility list created from this recruitment may also be used to fill vacancies in other Butte County departments.
Under general supervision, develops and maintains databases and websites, and provides technical support functions for computer applications and system users.
Please NOTE: A training and experience evaluation may be utilized to determine an applicant's ranking among qualified candidates. Based upon information provided in this application including responses to supplemental questions, an applicant's education, training and experience may be evaluated using a pre-determined formula. Applicants should provide thoughtful and thorough responses to supplemental questions as they play an important role in this recruitment process. All qualifying work experience that is described or included in responses to supplemental questions MUST also be included and detailed in the "Work Experience" section of this application. "See Resume" is not an acceptable response for any supplemental question.
Essential Job Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Maintains and updates integrated systems; designs and implements enhancements and revised functions; develops various integrated solutions for database functions; documents system changes.
- Analyzes Local and Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) and database functionality, protocols, peripherals and security; identifies, locates and resolves problems; evaluates trends and anticipates problems.
- Assures functionality, compatibility and stability of assigned systems; monitors resources, updates and upgrades the software and operating system, and resolves downtime and connectivity issues.
- Maintains and updates Department internet site; creates web pages, and develops basic intranet and internet upgrades and solutions; analyzes website use and recommends solutions.
- Configures client servers; assists in the design of network layouts; repairs computer systems and provides assistance to technical support staff.
- Installs, upgrades and configures network devices such as routers, terminal servers and switches.
- Installs, maintains and upgrades user software, and provides application support.
- Acquires, configures, installs and upgrades user hardware.
- Performs system backups and monitors computer environment as directed.
- Provides technical assistance to staff in County departments; analyzes problems and implements solutions; provides technical support, analysis, and training in the use of computers and peripheral devices.
- Assures proper integration with other computer systems; assists in completing changes to meet requirements.
- Monitors and maintains local area networks; maintains, monitors and updates servers, personal computers and related equipment; identifies needs and assesses system productivity.
- Evaluates new hardware, software and related equipment to identify modifications and enhancements for assigned systems.
- Utilize computer graphic arts applications to create exhibits that include Power Point presentations, charts, graphs, timelines, maps, anatomical diagrams, web page graphics, photographs and other illustrations.
- Prepare digital photographs for reproduction, printing and display.
- Performs network trouble-shooting to isolate and diagnose system problems.
- Monitors and resolves network stability and connectivity problems, including network administration.
- Administers user accounts, security, e-mail, file shares, permissions and policies on the network.
- Participates in internal customer meetings to analyze and identify technology needs; works with vendors and department staff to resolve system, contract and fiscal issues.
- Complies with all County equipment and safety policies and procedures, and Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years computer systems experience. An applicable systems administrator certification may be substituted for the required educational requirement. Computer systems experience and relevant educational degrees may be substituted on a year for year basis. Information Systems technical certifications preferred.
- Valid State of California driver's license may be required.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work is performed in an office environment, as well as warehouses, mechanical rooms, rooftops, construction sites and similar facilities. May require work such as aerial photography.
- Requires vision to monitor and use computer equipment in the course of work; the ability to stand, walk, lift and crawl; ability to communicate face-to-face and with telephone; On-call work required.
Butte County is a landscape where the fertile valley floor meets the recreation-rich Sierra Nevada. Within it, warm and friendly towns that feel like home beckon you to explore the unexpected in a corner of Northern California all its own.
The County is home to five incorporated towns or cities: Biggs, Chico, Gridley, Oroville and Paradise. Enjoy a virtual tour today at www.ExploreButteCounty.com.