West Warwick Public Library
West Warwick, Rhode Island
Library Assistant- Circulation Desk P/T
$11.60 per hour/19 hours per week/no benefits
Please see wwpl.org/jobs for all postings and printable applications.
The West Warwick Public Library seeks a public oriented, adaptable individual for the library’s Circulation Department. This person should enjoy working with the public, be flexible, pay attention to detail, and learn quickly. This position reports directly to the Head of Circulation.
Perform a range of duties assisting in the operation of the Circulation Desk including but not limited to; registering new patrons, check-ins and check-outs of materials, placing holds, collection of fines and fees, packing and unpacking inter-library loan deliveries, helping patrons find items in the collection, shelving returned items, shelf reading, providing information and assistance to library patrons both in person and over the phone, and advising patrons of library programs, procedures, and policies. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Working Conditions
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Proficiency with computers and technology, and a willingness to learn new applications. Familiarity with Sierra and/or Google Workspace a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in public service and customer service skills through retail, library or other public service experience.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good work ethic demonstrated in punctuality in reporting for work, organizational skills, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of humor
- Ability to lift 20 lbs., stand for extended periods of time, push carts, pull wagons, squat, bend, and reach above head
- Schedule flexibility preferred, willing to work evenings and Saturdays a must and occasional additional shifts.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter via email with the subject heading “Circulation Desk Assistant” to the Head of Circulation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are also available for pickup at the Circulation Desk. Applications via mail should be sent to: Caitlin Mendoza, 1043 Main Street, West Warwick, RI 02893.
An EEO/AA employer.
West Warwick Public Library has been serving the great folks of West Warwick and beyond for over 50 years! We offer 3 floors of books, materials, computer and tech access, a variety of clubs, ongoing events, the largest selection of Tabletop RPG games and guides, an English as a Second Language (ESL) classroom and free lessons, a passport registration program, outreach, notaries, tech lessons, and so much more!
External Job Ad
Human Resources / Job Listings
Varies by position. See open position for details. To inquire about open positions, see wwpl.org/employment or call (401) 828-3750 x 5.