The Wyoming State Library is looking for a tech savvy person who loves to learn to be our next Collections Technician. This position on the Information Services team will have projects ranging from working with the physical and digital collections to preservation and digitization.
This position assists in preserving and processing physical library materials being added to or removed from the State Library's collection. The collections technician also supports digitization programs such as the State Publications digital collection. Complete and accurate processing ensures the materials are discoverable and accessible by state employees and Wyoming residents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Provide support for digital projects.
- Create and input metadata to ensure public access and retrieval.
- Review and edit metadata.
- Digitize documents for inclusion in a digital content management system providing public access to digital content.
- Utilize various types of software and databases.
- Provide support in processing physical materials.
- Proofread and edit MARC bibliographic records and create state library holdings records in the integrated library system.
- Repair damaged or fragile materials. Prepare materials for public use.
- Maintain WSL patron database in the integrated library system circulation database.
- Lead in adding new patrons records.
- Monitors patron overdue and hold notifications.
- Provide service desk support.
- Maintain public access area of the library.
- Keep materials in the correct shelf order and the shelves neatly organized and clean.
- Provide support for other projects and programs provided by the Wyoming State Library as assigned.
- Direct reference questions to appropriate librarians for state agencies, libraries, and library patrons.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
See details about the State of Wyoming's benefits package at https://ai.wyo.gov/divisions/human-resources/benefits
Additional Info & Requirements
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Human Resource Contact: Nicki Reitmeyer 307-777-6219, email@example.com