Swampscott Public Library is seeking an interim Library Director, starting immediately. Come enjoy the beautiful Northshore! This position serves as manager of library operations, while the Board of Trustees conducts a search for a permanent director. The Board of Trustees is seeking a candidate with the following qualifications:
The Interim Library Director is directly accountable to the Board of Trustees and the Town Administrator.
* Working closely with the Board of Trustees including attending monthly Board meetings
* Actively participating in policy, budget development, goal setting, planning and fundraising
* Grant writing
* Responsible for managing a staff of 17, plus volunteers.
* Overseeing all aspects of library operations including collection management, program development, community relations, oversight of library building and grounds, and maintenance
* Participating in fundraising and development activities
* Requires attending library events outside working hours
Additional Info & Requirements
Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Swampscott.Trustees@gmail.com.
Swampscott is a beautiful and tranquil seaside community of 13,800 residents located 15 miles northeast of Boston along the coastline of the Atlantic Ocean. Swampscott offers a friendly, welcoming and nurturing family environment, an excellent pre-school to grade 12 public educational system, superb public safety and support systems, abundant youth sports opportunities, and a town government which is responsive to the needs of its citizens.
The Swampscott Public Library occupies a valued and central role, functioning as a community center as well as a library.