Provides exceptional customer service, help desk coverage, and monitors use of equipment in the Loveland Library Technology Center. This position requires a flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends.
The salary range for this position is $16.78- $23.51 per hour with a hiring range of $16.78 - $20.14, depending on qualifications and experience.
20 Hours per week opportunity
Position will close to applicants on: Friday, October 1, 2021 at 5:00 P.M. M.S.T.
Loveland Public Library, located in the heart of Loveland, serves a population of 77,000 from a beautiful LEED Gold Certified building. The recently remodeled and expanded facility was designed with art-inspired elements from the surrounding Rocky Mountains and Big Thompson River. A large-capacity public computer lab, learning center and creator space welcome over 45,000 patrons each year. A rich array of programs and services including bilingual storytimes, writing workshops, cultural celebrations, a used bookstore, a whimsical children’s area and a YOUmedia lab for teens make Loveland Public Library a destination for locals and visitors alike. Partnerships with organizations serving diverse populations support the library’s mission to inform, inspire and engage a strong community through outreach, classes, afterschool programs, and technology access.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for service desk and computer lab coverage to help library users of all ages in selecting, locating and using Library Technology resources.
- Demonstrates, assists patrons with, maintains, and troubleshoots Library Technology equipment such as, but not limited to: public access computers, mobile phones, scanners, iPads, video and still cameras, poster printer, web browsers, 3D printers, carving mill, Oculus Rift VR, and Microsoft Office products.
- Responsible for scheduling and monitoring appropriate use of 2nd floor study room, makerspace lab, and public computers.
- Responsible for opening, closing, and cleaning computer lab and Technology department during scheduled service desk shift.
- Responsible for operating computer equipment connected to Library’s public computing network, in addition to setting up projectors and other equipment for Library meeting rooms.
- Assists with document organization, filing, and data entry for Library computer class schedule and division statistic tracking and reports.
- Collects payment for services and products provided in the Library Technology center.
- Explains and interprets policies and procedures to the public.
- Assists with creating documentation for upkeep of procedure manuals as necessary.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May assist with Library Technology events.
- Provides mentoring for patrons during short, scheduled technology help sessions.
- Proficient with makerspace equipment such as 3D printer, carving mill, flat art digitizer, and design software in order to provide assistance to patrons.
- Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, basic library catalog searching and creating library cards.
- Completes short term projects and other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: None.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to perform job duties effectively during relaxed or stressed activity level within the department. Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment. Strong customer service skills. Ability to learn new task skills on the job. General knowledge of computer-based library systems. Ability to work independently or in a group, complete tasks on time, and constructively problem solve. Ability to establish warm, customer service-oriented relationships with customers of all ages. Working knowledge of MS Office, the Internet, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Windows 10, MacOS, mobile devices and operating systems, and related technology. Ability to prepare materials for graphic reproduction or printing using computer software. General proficiency with makerspace equipment and software. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with fellow employees. Welcomes diverse populations, including but not limited to cultural, racial, economic, and ethnic diversity.
Accountability, Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness
Job specific competencies:
Community relations, Attention to detail, Computer software, Independence
Education and/or experience:
Associates Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred, experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year-by-year basis
1 year of progressively responsible experience in libraries or a closely related technology field, in addition to any experience used for the education requirement One (1) year professional experience on MS Office, internet browser, web navigation, email and related software applications required. Two (2) years providing exceptional customer service delivery to diverse individuals and groups preferred. One (1) year experience with Macintosh and mobile operating systems preferred.
Licensure and/or certifications: None.
Material and equipment directly used:
Library WebPAC (Pika), staff computer terminals, Internet, PC computers; word processing software; photocopier; paper cutter; telephone; library carts; library materials (books, videos, CDs, etc.); video camera, audio equipment, scanners, printers, 3D printers, flat-art digitizer, Oculus Rift VR, and Carvey mill
Working conditions and physical requirements:
Works in a typical library environment in the Library Technology & Innovation division with extensive public contact, which requires conflict resolution skills, sitting or standing for extended periods of time, reaching, and repetitive keyboard motion. Bending, pushing, pulling, kneeling, and lifting (up to approximately 30 pounds) required. Ability to move quickly and efficiently throughout work area is a necessity. Expected to perform duties during both peak periods when customer service activity is fast paced and intense or during relaxed periods. Schedule will require evenings or weekends.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
With over 300 days of sunshine, proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park, endless outdoor recreation options and a thriving arts, brewery, foodie and shopping scene Loveland is an award winning City. In 2020, Loveland was the only Colorado City to win the 2020 Governor’s Award for Downtown Excellence. Loveland is the top residential recycling City in the state for 4 consecutive years. Additionally, Loveland has consistently been ranked as one of the top places to live, work and raise a family in the U.S. Featured by USA Today in 2017 as one of the Most Idyllic Picturesque towns in America. As the rest of the world is figuring out what we have known for quite some time… Loveland, Colorado has EVERYTHING YOU LOVE! ~ Love What You Do, Land With Us!
Benefit Eligible Benefits Package Includes:
- Two (2) medical plans, Dental, Vision (for self/ spouse/ children)
- Employee Health & Wellness Center (self/family)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and medical leave
- Flexible spending including Dependent Care
- Life Insurance, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability, and voluntary Critical Illness Coverage
- Retirement 401a, 457, Roth (pre & post tax) and company match
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary 529 College Invest program
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted recreation passes
- Employee recognition program
- Exceptional work-life balance
- Market based pay & regular performance reviews
- Local Government employment is eligible for Public Loan Forgiveness Program
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of Loveland provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
A criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.
A City of Loveland application is required for consideration.