The Lafayette Public Library is hiring a Managing Librarian for our Circulation division. This position will support positive customer experiences through oversight of public service desks, the public computer lab and collection maintenance/materials handling. Serving as a member of the Library’s Management Team, the Circulation Manager shares responsibility for providing effective, coordinated and strategically aware leadership, supporting and facilitating Library operations and fostering a culture of continual improvement among staff.
Candidates with Spanish language skills are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is open until filled with the first round of applicants being reviewed on October 1, 2021. Click here for the position brochure.
Required Documents to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Directs daily circulation and materials handling operations including scheduling of the circulation desk and public computer lab.
- Responsible for a consistent quality customer experience at service desks.
- Coordinates collection maintenance tasks as directed by Collection Development Librarians.
- Gathers, analyzes, and uses statistical data related to circulation and facility usage for planning, management and communicating impact.
- Manages room reservation system.
- Responds to customer account inquiries and delinquent accounts.
- Maintains oversight of equipment such as self-checkout machines, audiovisual equipment and automated materials handling systems.
- Supports the public and staff in the use of technology and electronic resources.
- Develops, evaluates, and oversees budgets in alignment with the Library’s priorities.
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains a courteous, positive image of the Library when interacting with customers and staff; works at service points providing information, technology support, reference services, and reader's advisory services; answers questions regarding Library policies, procedures, and records; and maintains customer and staff confidentiality.
- As a member of the Collection Development Team, evaluates, recommends, and selects materials for the Library's collections; helps to maintain collections through weeding and rotation of materials.
- Serves as person-in-charge of the Library facility.
- Keeps current on Library trends and technology.
- Participates in Library and/or City work committees and teams, as assigned.
- Serves as a member of the Library Management Team and uses leadership skills to provide vision and guidance to Library staff while contributing effective strategies and workplans for Library services.
- Responsible for cash handling and deposits.
- Supervises, trains, and oversees a team of ten part-time paraprofessional employees as well as community volunteers ages teen to adult.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Additional Info & Requirements
A positive, forward-thinking attitude and willingness to take calculated risks. General curiosity and an eagerness to learn new things.
The Lafayette Public Library serves a population of approximately 29,000 residents and is a member of the Flatirons Library Consortium. The Library has a committed staff dedicated to facilitating equal access to services, community building, innovation, intellectual freedom, literacy, and lifelong learning. Each member of our Library team is integral to the success of our organization. We value vision, hard work, collaboration, and creative problem-solving.
Human Resources / Job Listings
1290 South Public Road
Human Resources Office - 2nd Floor
Lafayette, Colorado, 80026-1612