The Westwood community is changing. Come be a part of the change by working at the Westwood Branch Library. The Westwood Library is a dynamic hub in the community as a whole. We are a full service Denver Public Library, and are committed to offering services that demonstrate the library’s values of Connection, Curiosity, Equity, Stewardship and Welcoming in action.
What You'd Do
- Support other library functions as needed
- Fosters relationships and networks with colleagues throughout DPL
- Recognize colleague’s strengths and contributions
- Communicate effectively about issues and initiatives with customers, staff and administration.
- Participate with outreach as assigned
- Support the library's goal of being a learning organization by participating in approved learning opportunities
- Supports and communicates the Library's mission, vision, values and branch goals
- Assist with collection maintenance
- Assist with shelving
- Answer customer questions about using library resources and locating library materials
- Stay current on library policy and procedures, especially those relating to circulation
- Use technology and other mechanical tools related to the processing of library materials
- Create positive experiences for library customers by checking out and returning books, registering customers for library cards, placing holds/ordering books and other library materials from other agencies, responding to customer questions and issues about circulation matters and curbside interactions
- Fulfill the expectations of a diverse population in our communities
- Spend at least 80% of time at customer facing service points
- Create a welcoming space where all are free to explore and connect
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid proof of full COVID vaccination.
- One year of customer service experience that included working on a computer.
- Spanish fluency is required, and paid through a language stipend
- Ability to demonstrate innovation and flexibility
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to creatively problem-solve, negotiate and handle stressful situations in a positive manner.
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing and maintaining a welcoming environment for our young customers
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, cultural sensitivity and sense of humor in working with customers of all ages and backgrounds, coworkers and community
- Resilient and flexible team member
- Equity driven approach to team dynamics
- Knowledge of presenting and providing library services to customers with varying levels of experience and knowledge
- Ability to adapt to the ebb and flow of material intake
- Ability to thrive working in an environment with constant public contact
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use workplace technology effectively including email, calendar, internet, databases, video conferencing, and other software
- Making simple mathematical computations
- Skill in cash and credit card handling
- Skill in interpreting, communicating and presenting information
- Exemplary internal and external customer service
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures
Become a Clerk (LAII) at Denver Public Library’s smallest branch. What we lack in size we make up for in dedication to our community. We offer valuable service to our neighbors in Spanish and English (computers, tech help, printing and copying, and more) while doing outreach to the community as a whole. Westwood Branch Library is located inside the Southwest Community Center. We share our space with many active and dynamic partners. Be a part of some great changes and help us continue to deliver excellent customer service to the Westwood community.
Human Resources / Job Listings